Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jobs Thread!

Options
  • 29-11-2013 10:36pm

Having seen this in other location forums, I thought it might be a good idea to have one here?

Not actively looking for work myself, but I know it can be very frustrating when you are, and can't seem to find anything, so figured it'd be good to have a thread?

Maybe not (must be a reason there isn't one already)?

Anyway, to kick things off; I wandered lonely as a cloud, and came across two 'signs in the window' notices that might interest people?

1. Part Time Staff Required, Nevada Jacks, West St., Drogheda.

2. Deli Counter Staff Required, (minimum 2 years experience required), Centra, Ballsgrove, Drogheda.

Anyone else see anything worth posting? Help your fellow boardsies out?
    (Jobs bridge, internships and other such 'work for free' nonsense would be better off not included).

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Dundalk: Ebay, Payal, Digiweb, Boylesports and Irish Life (all call centre type of work) seem to be employing regularly. Id ksend CV's to all

Teleperformance (call centre in the Quays Newry) are always employing aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 19 greglouth

Ive seen not long ago "sign in the window" of the Bagel Bar coffee house in Laurence Centre.
    As I remember Flexible,part-time barrister-waiter-sandwich maker

True: It is very frustraiting when nobody even call you for an interview

No Job in Drogheda. Most of pharmacies, hotels, travel agencies and Aldi,Lidl,Homestore,Hombase,Argos. I applied for in many but not even answer.

Viva la revolution. I hate capitalism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

greglouth wrote: »
    No Job in Drogheda. Most of pharmacies, hotels, travel agencies and Aldi,Lidl,Homestore,Hombase,Argos. I applied for in many but not even answer.

Viva la revolution. I hate capitalism

I hope your cv was written in English, unlike this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Belles Tea Rooms Blackrock are opening in Park Street Dundalk in the new year,
    Staff are already being recruited for the new cafe and there are various full time and part time positions available including chef, baristas, waiting staff and bakers.

Any experience would be an advantage and CVs can be sent to bellestearooms@yahoo.ie or by post to Belles Tea Rooms, Main Street, Blackrock.

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/local-news/belles-tea-rooms-coming-to-dundalk-1-5753454

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Bia Drogheda Looking for waiting staff.

Waiting staff required for the Kingfisher restaurant Park street Dundalk.Apply with cv.

Hello Lads

Have you ever found any job through FAS website (now Intreo) in Drogheda or Louth area?

It seems like they only take your details and real job vacancies don't exist

--Wish me good luck--

Was doing shopping today in West Street and around

Job sign on Egans Off Licence got my attention :

They need part-time and flexible sales person.

Good alcohol and fine wines knowledge will definetely help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Knowldge of alcohol no problem to most -fine wines - Libfraumilch or Blue Nun, anybody who starts on about anything else is just trying to look smart (pretentious t@sser in other words ha!).

• Advertisement

OK I'm on dole again,I'm really looking for employment in Drogheda,Navan or Louth/Meath area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

The new cinema in Drogheda is recruiting in June.

CPL 593H

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

greglouth wrote: »
    OK I'm on dole again,I'm really looking for employment in Drogheda,Navan or Louth/Meath area.

24 Hour Tesco is opening in Dundalk in August. Dont know where you apply though

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pdog2468

24 Hour Tesco is opening in Dundalk in August. Dont know where you apply though

does anyone know where you can apply...anyone i asked said Tescojobs.ie but i can't find anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SaS7

The place that used to be Jaffas Riverside Café in Drogheda is looking for full & part staff.
    Chefs, waiting staff & food service assistants.
    PM me and I'll send you an email address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Sales job going in Louth. I know the company name is set as undisclosed, but I happen to know it's a decent place:

http://www.staff.ie/employers/job/4024861

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Sales job going in Louth. I know the company name is set as undisclosed, but I happen to know it's a decent place:

http://www.staff.ie/employers/job/4024861

I would be hesitant to be providing loads of personal details on a CV to a random job post without anything being disclosed. If a company is not being upfront about the job, or even who they are, then it must be a load of utter garbage and they know it.

How do you know if its good or not if it doesn't tell you anything about it? Did you post the advert up? What is the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I would be hesitant to be providing loads of personal details on a CV to a random job post without anything being disclosed. If a company is not being upfront about the job, or even who they are, then it must be a load of utter garbage and they know it.

How do you know if its good or not if it doesn't tell you anything about it? Did you post the advert up? What is the job?

100% agree why can't they say who they are seems pretty pathetic to me they want staff but can't say who they are

• Registered Users Posts: 3 guest355

Anyone know of any retail vacancies in the Drogheda/ Dundalk area?

I think I've seen job ads for sales assistants in Dealz, but it was a bit ago.
    Hickey's Pharmacy is looking for otc sales (but they have only otc-girls at pharmacy so unequal opportunity)
    I left CV at Xtravison but no response and job ad gone,but you may try

• Advertisement

Hombase in Drogheda is looking for Christmas staff.

Just bring them up to date CV

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cilles man

I see where Centra ,mc Donnells in Hardmans Gardens in Drogheda are looking for a butcher/Deli hand for their busy counter.I would imagine that one would earn their crust due to the nature of their opening hours, but it could make a huge difference to someone on the dole at the moment.Best of luck peeps to those that apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

City North looking for Xmas staff...

There is a new Italian restaurant opening soon in the former Black Forest cafe/Morning Star coffee shop premises on Park street Dundalk (next door to the Kingfisher) Details on how to apply are posted on the window of the premises.Also looking for staff are the Leaf Cafe which is opening soon in the new Tesco shopping centre in Dundalk.Details on how to apply in the link.
    http://talkofthetown.ie/2014/11/14/new-restaurant-opening-at-dundalk-shopping-centre/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Old thread I know, but I didn't think it would be right to start a new one.

A company I know is looking for a Polish speaker to join their office in Dundalk. Maybe you know a Polish person who might be suitable?

https://louthjobs.ie/job/13942097

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Old thread but thought it was better to use it instead of making a new one.

Butterly Steel Fabrications in Boyne Business Park, Drogheda, Louth are looking for a Steel Fabricator Welder.

Role :

We require someone with minimum 3 years' experience in welding and using workshop equipment.

Responsibilities :

* Work off drawings and blueprints to determine material requirements and task sequences and complete projects to a high standard.
    * Set up and operate fabrication machines and have a strong attention to detail.

Requirements :

*Experience in fabrication workshop especially welding
    *Readiness to develop and learn new skills

Please apply at https://louthjobs.ie/job/14119978/steel-fabricator-welder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Where? Byranstown Social (former location of Eastern Seaboard)

Roles: Various - chef, waiting staff etc.

Details here: https://oliverdunnerestaurants.com/careers/

Advertisement