Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marlmount or Cnoc na Mara

• 07-01-2020 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Has anyone any feedback (good or bad) about either of these developments? Thinking of buying and wondering which one to go for

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Just seeing your thread here. I'm just after posting a similar separate one for my brother in law. He is looking the three beds in the last phase of Cnoc na Mara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Sorry for the bump but I’d be interested in people’s opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Californeeway

I live in Cnoc Na Mara, a few pointers:

- Most if not all neighbours love living here, its a 20 min walk to blackrock village, everyones friendly, lots of open space for kids, most families have dogs etc.
    - The houses are well made and insulated. The heat pump means constant hot water and no need for gas or oil. The internal walls are timber frame but the external is brick so no noise from neighbours.
    - The estate agents, builders, electrician and plumbers are all grand to deal with, just make sure to do a good snag list initially. Maybe ask for better soil out the back (I never got anywhere with the pavers or gardeners) and have the bathroom fixings removed initially for tiling which are the two things that annoyed me. You can also ask for adjustments around the time of first fix like locations of lights, extra kitchen spec etc.

That said, half the place is still a building site bringing plenty of dust to everywhere and it looks like the road wont be surfaced for a while. The road at the bottom of the hill into blackrock is like a motorway these days too so can be an issue. Eir were torturous initially to get a phone line installed but since that no issues. Also its not very close to the local schools here, its probably a 30 min walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I live in Cnoc Na Mara, a few pointers:

- Most if not all neighbours love living here, its a 20 min walk to blackrock village, everyones friendly, lots of open space for kids, most families have dogs etc.
    - The houses are well made and insulated. The heat pump means constant hot water and no need for gas or oil. The internal walls are timber frame but the external is brick so no noise from neighbours.
    - The estate agents, builders, electrician and plumbers are all grand to deal with, just make sure to do a good snag list initially. Maybe ask for better soil out the back (I never got anywhere with the pavers or gardeners) and have the bathroom fixings removed initially for tiling which are the two things that annoyed me. You can also ask for adjustments around the time of first fix like locations of lights, extra kitchen spec etc.

That said, half the place is still a building site bringing plenty of dust to everywhere and it looks like the road wont be surfaced for a while. The road at the bottom of the hill into blackrock is like a motorway these days too so can be an issue. Eir were torturous initially to get a phone line installed but since that no issues. Also its not very close to the local schools here, its probably a 30 min walk.

Thank you for your post. It has given us a bit to think about. Proximity to schools is definitely something of interest and then how there is only one access road on to the rock road is another. Especially since there are plans for almost 500 houses there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 D1NewHome

I’m looking to purchase one of the new homes currently available in the Marlmount development in Dundalk, Co.Louth. Does anybody know the area or indeed the Marlmount estate. Any feedback on the houses in Marlmount is very much welcome or indeed the area around Marlmount. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Cnoc na Mara is fully sold out? Is there plans to build more houses there?

I know there are plans close by but not sure if they will ever come to fruition.

Advertisement