Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey guys, I'm in Drogheda for the week on work. Can anyone recommend somewhere for fo

Options
  • 16-06-2020 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

I've been travelling for work throughout the lockdown and I tend to find some where serving food through word of mouth. I know no one in Drogheda however so any help from here would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I've been travelling for work throughout the lockdown and I tend to find some where serving food through word of mouth. I know no one in Drogheda however so any help from here would be much appreciated.

I think you out of luck. You'll have to resort to supermarkets and shops. You might find a cafe like insomnia, but most places are still shut due to COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

I think you out of luck. You'll have to resort to supermarkets and shops. You might find a cafe like insomnia, but most places are still shut due to COVID.

Ya potentially, but there tends to be somewhere I a lot of larger towns cities. I'll hold out for an hour or 2maybe someone knows somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

Ya potentially, but there tends to be somewhere I a lot of larger towns cities. I'll hold out for an hour or 2maybe someone knows somewhere

Most takeaways around the town are still open. Nowhere will let you sit inside. McDonalds is an option if you've a car and don't particularly care what food you have.

I believe Bia are open from 3-9pm each day. More of a proper restaurant feel than your typical takeaway, but again, you can't sit inside. They do a lovely chicken stir fry, though.

https://www.facebook.com/Bia-Restaurant-257660810913280/

Struggling to think of anywhere else mid-week, though. Lots of places are only doing weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Surely you could get something delivered to where you’re staying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

For lunch? Fast food and delis. For dinner plenty of places open for collection like black bull , dvine etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Think Henrys at The Glenside is also doing collection.

Edited to say it's just Saturday and Sunday.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    For lunch? Fast food and delis. For dinner plenty of places open for collection like black bull , dvine etc

I don't think The Black Bull is open mid-week? Just Fri-Sun. Same as The Pheasant and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭gipi

Aisha's on Wellington Quay is open for takeaway only - you'll find them on facebook under Aisha's bistro.
    Other than that, it's probably Chinese takeaway or chippers - you will have to check how they're taking orders, some require online ordering, others will allow you to order at the door of the premises.

As others have mentioned, you can't eat in anywhere because nowhere is open yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Kings open for collection also, from St Mary's cottages

• Advertisement
Advertisement