Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

vodafone broadband feedback

Options
  • 12-05-2019 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

hey,

am currently with eir for broadband and not renewing contract, can i get feedback as to if vodafone is worth getting before i think of signing up, wish i had asked about eir last year before signing up as they are a disaster..
    tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

hey,

am currently with eir for broadband and not renewing contract, can i get feedback as to if vodafone is worth getting before i think of signing up, wish i had asked about eir last year before signing up as they are a disaster..
    tks

Have them here. No big issues though you do need to do the yearly dance for a deal on renewal. Don't bother with tv as in my opinion the system is pretty rubbish and I ditched it when contract was up. They run on same infrastructure as eir but customer support were pretty good with the issue I had with phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Have them here. No big issues though you do need to do the yearly dance for a deal on renewal. Don't bother with tv as in my opinion the system is pretty rubbish and I ditched it when contract was up. They run on same infrastructure as eir but customer support were pretty good with the issue I had with phone line.

tks, a lot of the problems with eir was there customer service or lack of, wish i had of asked last year before signing up to eir because the cheap price was not worth it.. haha...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

Recently switched from Eir to Vodafone. I was completely fed up with Eir. If everything going OK, Eir are OK. But if you have a problem they are a disaster in all departments - customer relations, tech support (2 months to fix a simple problem), getting to communicate with them in the first place. Even switching to Vodafone, Eir are a disaster. Vodafone, so far, are far cheaper (for 1st year), better speeds and good support. Agree Eir TV not worth it. I don't know how Eir continue to exist as a service provider.

ajmull wrote: »
    Recently switched from Eir to Vodafone. I was completely fed up with Eir. If everything going OK, Eir are OK. But if you have a problem they are a disaster in all departments - customer relations, tech support (2 months to fix a simple problem), getting to communicate with them in the first place. Even switching to Vodafone, Eir are a disaster. Vodafone, so far, are far cheaper (for 1st year), better speeds and good support. Agree Eir TV not worth it. I don't know how Eir continue to exist as a service provider.

Thanks, I agree....
    Vodafone's modem must be better so if your getting better speeds, how much better is the broadband speed than eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭KildareP

I would be wary of vodafone.

They seem to be moving towards a callback only method of support, you can no longer call up and wait to speak to someone.

Their reps seem to be gone off Boards.ie, Facebook and Twitter for days on end over the last month.

Regular reports online of live chat also being unavailable for hours on end.

To be honest - far better value to be had with numerous other operators, despite apparent discounted introduction periods that Eir or Vodafone might throw at you, and much, much better support. A number of those companies have staff working these boards who have the power and authority to actually get stuff done, not just log tickets with a "tech team" or arrange callbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Avoid. The modems are woeful, as is their support and website and apps. Pop over to the ‘talk to..’ Vodafone. It takes two weeks for the reps to respond and say try calling their terrible customer care line.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Plenty of other options around: https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/where-to-buy/

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

(Thanks, I agree....
    Vodafone's modem must be better so if your getting better speeds, how much better is the broadband speed than eir)

Eir 57 down, 19 up; Vodafone 76 down, 16 up. Dual band modem 5g and 2.4. Very good wifi reception all round house.

As I say, so far so good, installation done by an outside firm, not very impressed and a bit of trouble getting the VOIP phone working but got there anyway. We'll see how they go in the longer run.

ajmull wrote: »
    (Thanks, I agree....
    Vodafone's modem must be better so if your getting better speeds, how much better is the broadband speed than eir)

Eir 57 down, 19 up; Vodafone 76 down, 16 up. Dual band modem 5g and 2.4. Very good wifi reception all round house.

As I say, so far so good, installation done by an outside firm, not very impressed and a bit of trouble getting the VOIP phone working but got there anyway. We'll see how they go in the longer run.

Oh that's a good improvement on speed and handy to know about the modem circulating the internet about the house because I had sky broadband and never had great coverage beyond the living room.. Tks

Advertisement