Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel in Bangkok

Options
  • 25-12-2018 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Can someone recommend a hotel in Bangkok for 3 nights over a weekend in January?

We're heading over for the honeymoon so looking for something a bit nicer than usual.

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

What's your budget and what are the dates? Have you been there before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Chungking mansions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

4th until 7th of January. I've been there before but it was 15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Dusit Thani is fab. Great location, gorgeous rooms etc, fab staff and lovely pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Have stayed in the Banyan Tree and found it very nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

Caranica wrote: »
    Dusit Thani is fab. Great location, gorgeous rooms etc, fab staff and lovely pool.

The Dusit is being closed and demolished on Jan 5th, so hope that the OP hasn't booked there!

But agree that it was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

geecee wrote: »
    The Dusit is being closed and demolished on Jan 5th, so hope that the OP hasn't booked there!

But agree that it was great!

Oh no :( Stayed there several times and it was always great. Stayed in a few Dusit/D2 hotels across Thailand over the years and were always looked after really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

We stayed in the Millennium Hilton Bangkok, I'd have no issue recommending it, its top class!!

It's right on the river, they have a water taxi that drops you down to the nearest Skytrain station or to the night market when it's open!
    There's a outdoor rooftop bar as well as a 360deg panoramic bar.

It's well worth having a look on Google. It wasn't expensive either from what I remember.

bit.ly/BKKHilton

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Novotel Sukhumvit 20 is absolutely outstanding!

Near the Skytrain station, English speaking staff. Skybar, pool, gym all good. Nice and central without being totally crazy.

Honestly one of the very best hotels I've ever stayed in. (September this year)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,047 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

https://www.siamatsiam.com/m2/siamatsiam-design-hotel-bangkok-in-bangkok/

Stayed here about 4 years ago, would recommendit. Cool infinity pool, rooftop bar/restaurant, rooms were nice, location was pretty central as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I've booked here for June for a few nights. Attached to MBK which is an amazing shopping centre/food halls and has Skytrain close by.
    https://www.pprincess.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Giveaway wrote: »
    Chungking mansions

Thats in HK

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jommer01

Grande Centre Point Bangkok Sukhumvit

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Chillax Resort is a small intimate hotel we stayed in for three nights when we arrived. We loved it.

We travelled around Thailand for a few weeks. On our way back we stayed in the Shangri-La Hotel for a few nights. Pretty expensive but it was worth it.

We booked everything on www.agoda.com a few days before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Rembrandt Hotel and Suites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Depends which part you want to stay in.

as mentioned previously if your staying in sukhumvit Grande centre point attached to terminal 21 shopping centre is fantastic ( no bar) and the Raddisson 100 yards down the road is fantastic with great rooftop bar and 3 nice restaurants.

On the river the Oriental and Peninsula offer 5 star treatment but pricey for Bkk.

Any centre point dotted around Bkk offer great value for 3/4 star hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Going to Bangkok for 2 nights in July before flying up to Chiang Mai. Are all of the hotels mentioned near this Sky train to get to and from airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

In terms of hotels, i much prefer staying by the river in Bangkok. Its close to China town, temples and shooping etc, you can get river shuttles easily, and its not back packer central either. Already mentioned are the Millennium Hilton and the Shangri-La. I would also add the Royal Orchid Sheraton - which is directly across the river from the Hilton, they directly face each other. Having stayed in all of them, the Shangri La is easily the plushest, and has a great pool etc, its right beside the Skytrain, but depending on the deal you get, it could also be substantially dearer than the other two.

I would pick the Sheraton, its normally well priced, its a little older inside in terms of the bedrooms, but still very nice, and they have a dedicated shuttle across the river to the Icon Siam shopping mall, and this stops again right beside the same BTS station that the Shangri La would be close to. The pool area is great, they have two pools, the main one has super views up and down the river, it never seems to be overcrowded, and most importantly, it gets the sun all day. The pool at the Hilton is not as nice, and the hotel itself blocks direct sunlight most of the afternoon and evening, so you are completely in the shade. The breakfast restaurant opens out onto the river too, and there are some great street food vendors outside the hotel. and if you fancy a cycle tour, (highly recommend that you do one), the Co Van Kessel tour office is a 2 min walk away. The Hilton is very nice too, but i just prefer the better pools on the other side of the river.

Advertisement