Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Out of hours installation?

• 15-05-2019 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question as EIR seem hell bent on not providing me a service;

What does one do if they work a 9-5 with no days off and the broadband providers can only get the guys out to you during your own working hours?

I asked if they did after hours or weekends and was told no, I haven't any annual leave days and the 2 times I was sick, I called them to be told we cant get anyone out to you but will try to get a cancellation, then no other contact... seems a bit mad that you would need to book them in and then pray you can get the day off.

That and there is no real time frame just anytime between 9 and 5 on a given day..

Is it just me or does this sound absolutely insane? I mean how do Joe blogs get service where they can get a day and even calling in sick isn't enough to get a dude out?

Also NB. Walked outside after being told there wouldnt be anyone available in my area to find a guy in an EIR van chilling. Asked him if we was doing an installation he said yeah for the neighbour, who wasnt in (car wasnt there) and when I queried him doing the house since the neighbour wasnt in, was told no. Completely understand but being on the cancellation "list"for that day he could have done it... instead.. I rang the girl and she simply said that isn't how it works, they have a schedule... I then remarked how she advised me there was no schedule and people have to sit in their house for 8 hours to wait on the randomised time.
    Had to laugh when the dude eventually just left after 20 minutes of waiting...

Anyone provide any advice on the f*** to get broadband when you do a mon-fri 9-5...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There are four levels of chinese whispers in the wholesale arrangement. This makes things messy.

Customer - ISP Customer Care - OpenEir Customer Care - KNN Managers - KNN techs

The person you speak to isnt allow to talk to the tech in the van, they have to chain of command it.

The schedule was (and I think still is):
    4 Appointments Mon-Fri (9-11,11-1,2-4,4-6 or something like that)
    2 Appointments Saturdays

The saturdays being limited are booked out by all the retail ISPs quickly so getting one is nigh on impossible. Marlow and OB could confirm if this is still accurate.

To get one when sick you'd need to call more than 24hrs before so probably have a three day dose that you knew was a bad one when first sick. Not very practical.

The only advice I can get is try to get them in as an appointment not just in the queue so they *should* turn up say 2-5PM and try and get a half day out of the boss if possible. Then you can have a coronary when they no show (its reasonably common).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Nah ... VDSL is now "all day appointments" in nearly all regions.

FTTH appointments are AM or PM. But PM ones often not get attended to due to AM ones running late.

Saturday appointments are premium service only or used for escalations.

Make sure, you get a day off or get somebody else (adult .. over 18) to be there for you and get it sorted. These lads also want their weekends off.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Marlow wrote: »
    Nah ... VDSL is now "all day appointments" in nearly all regions.

FTTH appointments are AM or PM. But PM ones often not get attended to due to AM ones running late.

Saturday appointments are premium service only or used for escalations.

Make sure, you get a day off or get somebody else (adult .. over 18) to be there for you and get it sorted. These lads also want their weekends off.

/M

Eir Retail are still selling it as AM/PM, but then when it gets to OpenEir it seems to become an all day appointment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Eir Retail are still selling it as AM/PM, but then when it gets to OpenEir it seems to become an all day appointment!

That's because the only way it can be booked in most areas. They may share the name .. but Eir retail has no more influence than any other wholesale partner these days. It's just the same pot of money now. No talking to each other.

Even FTTH is considered all day .. even though it's booked AM/PM with OpenEIR ... because KN figure, the install may take all day. Hence the PM appointments silently not being attended to.

/M

Advertisement