Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Labrador wanting to share bed with old Labrador

• 21-10-2020 9:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

We just got a lovely new 8-week old Labrador to share the home with our 9-year old black lab, Dave. She's a bit of a handful, which we expected, and we're crate training her, with mixed results.

For the last couple of days when she gets tired, she climbs into Daves bed. He tolerates her, though I can't imagine he's particularly happy about it!

My question is whether we should be insisting (in as much as is possible) that she should sleep in her crate? We don't want to lock her in, and when I put her back into her crate, she walks out and climbs into Dave's bed.

If Dave is ok, should we just leave it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭itsusuallyjazz

If your older boy is happy with her napping with him I would leave her there

The crate training should be a happy experience for her and can be done separately

I love to see dogs sleeping together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Ha yes, if Dave is happy, this is fine. The first time this happened in my house I remember the surprised face on my adult dog.

All mine snuggle up together including two adult entire males. I think they clearly enjoy it. The bitches though just about tolerate each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

At eight weeks the puppy will be missing his mother badly. So this sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Great, thanks all. It's very cute, and if Dave's unhappy he leaves and goes to the couch, at which point the puppy is happy in her crate. It'll allow me to get some pretty memorable photos! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Lucy used to get up in her sleep and plonk down in Baileys bed when she was tiny - he was disgusted! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

dogs always find their own level he will teach her what he needs her to know leave well alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Here's Niko as a pup sharing a bed with our old westie
    33741416731_6b97228cb5_w.jpg

Roll on a few years to the new westie making herself comfortable
    50516109136_b037c3b542_w.jpg

4 dogs here and it is like musical chairs at night with which bed and who sleeps with who

Advertisement