Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retropie on a single board

Options
  • 29-04-2019 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I've had a Raspberry Pi 3B for a couple of years and recently, when a retro arcade opened up in town where I live, reinvigorated my interest in the old classics. I recently loaded an SD card with retropie and emulation station etc. It works fine on the Pi. The old stuff like bubble/puzzle bobble, double dragon etc are fine, but put anything taxing in there and you get awful lag and ****ty sound i.e. outrun, chase hq, robocop. Forget to try and run NBA Jam.

I've done a bit of reading and see that there's another single board type PC by a crowd called odroid, specifically the XU4 variant. Anyone have any experience with this? Or should I just accept that these small form factor single boards are no good for retropie? It's just nice to be able to hook the Pi up to a HDMI cable and plug in my PS USB arcade stick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

Not an XU4, but here's the N2 variant. It might give you some idea though? I've come to appreciate the Pi as being fine for a pure bare bones experience, but it's lacking when it comes to anything more than 16bit stuff for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Nvidia shield, its well worth the premium.

Advertisement