Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donegal Canadian canoeing.

Options
  • 01-02-2018 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Anyone know of a group or a club in Donegal? I usually canoe on Gartan lake, it's neighbouring lake, loch Akibben and some other lakes in the Northwest area. Usually do a bit at Rathmullan, Ballyness and Kilutl beaches during the summer. Would be great to hear of a group who'd be interested in organising an overnight camping and canoeing trip sometime.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IceOnMeKnee

spoke2cun wrote: »
    Anyone know of a group or a club in Donegal? I usually canoe on Gartan lake, it's neighbouring lake, loch Akibben and some other lakes in the Northwest area. Usually do a bit at Rathmullan, Ballyness and Kilutl beaches during the summer. Would be great to hear of a group who'd be interested in organising an overnight camping and canoeing trip sometime.

Donegal Bay Rowing Club has canoes, and some of their members go out for a paddle, not too sure if they stray far from the bay area, but the go out on the bay and then go up the river..

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

Donegal Bay Rowing Club has canoes, and some of their members go out for a paddle, not too sure if they stray far from the bay area, but the go out on the bay and then go up the river..

Thanks for that information IOMK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Sounds like a great idea I'd love to do something similar myself but a long ways from Donegal.

Watching a few of Joe Robinet videos on youtube would have you on a plane to Canada https://www.youtube.com/user/josephallen19

Roll on the lotto win ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea I'd love to do something similar myself but a long ways from Donegal.

Watching a few of Joe Robinet videos on youtube would have you on a plane to Canada https://www.youtube.com/user/josephallen19

Roll on the lotto win ;)

Must watch those videos. I suppose there's nothing stopping me from doing it by myself. Plenty of lakes all around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

spoke2cun wrote: »
    Must watch those videos. I suppose there's nothing stopping me from doing it by myself. Plenty of lakes all around me.

True but as with most things it's more enjoyable with company. Also company provides the comfort of numbers it can be daunting out for a few nights solo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement