Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
24-01-2018, 08:27   #16
yoshimitsu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
Waste of €5 tbh, would have been better to just download it for free. Those Professional Plus keys will eventually get blocked.
Ebay is the way to go IMO... now on my 3rd year of renewals. Always get deals for below 25€/yr. Bought 2 x 1yr codes last time and they do stack (got 2 years before expiry). I do it just for the 1TB OneDrive cloud space, cheapest you can find and no file size limit (can upload a blu-ray movie if u want)
yoshimitsu is offline  
Advertisement
24-01-2018, 10:04   #17
thekooman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny Wank View Post
If your employer has a lot of office licences they may be part of a scheme where you can buy it for 13.99

https://www.microsofthup.com/hupemea...?country_id=IE
have been using this for years and its brilliant... but yeah, a member of the family needs to be working for a multinational to get it.
thekooman is offline  
24-01-2018, 10:19   #18
Farmer Bob
Registered User
 
Farmer Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 116
€18.99 for Office 2016 Home & Student on Kinguin:
https://www.kinguin.net/category/233...16-retail-key/
Farmer Bob is offline  
Thanks from:
24-01-2018, 23:18   #19
MickH503
Registered User
 
MickH503's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny Wank View Post
If your employer has a lot of office licences they may be part of a scheme where you can buy it for 13.99

https://www.microsofthup.com/hupemea...?country_id=IE
This only offers Office 2016 to me ... does it sometimes offer Office 365 too? It's the One Drive space more than anything I'd be interested in!
MickH503 is offline  
24-01-2018, 23:33   #20
_Kaiser_
Registered User
 
_Kaiser_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 22,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny Wank View Post
If your employer has a lot of office licences they may be part of a scheme where you can buy it for 13.99

https://www.microsofthup.com/hupemea...?country_id=IE
Tried that and being asked for my organisation's program code?
_Kaiser_ is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-01-2018, 02:36   #21
MickH503
Registered User
 
MickH503's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kaiser_ View Post
Tried that and being asked for my organisation's program code?
I think it recognises if you are eligible from your work email address that you enter. It didn't ask me for a code.
MickH503 is offline  
25-01-2018, 12:55   #22
Fanny Wank
Registered User
 
Fanny Wank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickH503 View Post
I think it recognises if you are eligible from your work email address that you enter. It didn't ask me for a code.
I had to get a code from either IT or HR (can't remember which)
Fanny Wank is online now  
Thanks from:
16-02-2018, 12:51   #23
ablelocks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,933
Amazon DOD again @ £53
ablelocks is offline  
16-02-2018, 23:38   #24
Sup08
Registered User
 
Sup08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,324
If I get the Amazon UK code does this kick in and stop my monthly sub.


Well, accidently purchased a 1 year sub on Amazon UK and clicked the link in the email. Once I logged into my account the sub was updated to expire next year after my current month.

Happy days, thanks OP.
£52.99 is still much better than the €120 a year I was paying and the €99 annual sub.

Last edited by Sup08; 16-02-2018 at 23:57. Reason: Purchased.
Sup08 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-12-2018, 09:19   #25
SachaJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,528
Deal of the Day on Amazon UK today. £49.99 which was the same during the Black Friday sale when I renewed mine.

They also increased the user number earlier this year to 6 users (yourself + 5).
SachaJ is offline  
17-12-2018, 10:12   #26
Sup08
Registered User
 
Sup08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by SachaJ View Post
Deal of the Day on Amazon UK today. £49.99 which was the same during the Black Friday sale when I renewed mine.

They also increased the user number earlier this year to 6 users (yourself + 5).
Don't apply the code until your current sub expires.
I have a few months left on my current sub and when I applied the code on Black Friday it was expiring on only 12 months. The codes are not stackable on top of a current sub.
I was on to Microsoft to confirm this and was told to wait until the current codes expires and apply it then. The code itself does not expires until it's used.
Sup08 is offline  
17-12-2018, 10:46   #27
deadduck
Registered User
 
deadduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup08 View Post
Don't apply the code until your current sub expires.
I have a few months left on my current sub and when I applied the code on Black Friday it was expiring on only 12 months. The codes are not stackable on top of a current sub.
I was on to Microsoft to confirm this and was told to wait until the current codes expires and apply it then. The code itself does not expires until it's used.
this must be a recent thing. i applied a code i bought from adverts in OCT and it stacked to MAR 2020 no problem
deadduck is offline  
19-12-2018, 10:18   #28
Lucious Sweet
Registered User
 
Lucious Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny Wank View Post
If your employer has a lot of office licences they may be part of a scheme where you can buy it for 13.99

https://www.microsofthup.com/hupemea...?country_id=IE
Anyone have a organization's program code they could PM me please?
Lucious Sweet is offline  
28-12-2018, 10:27   #29
SachaJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,528
£49.99 again today on Amazon UK
SachaJ is offline  
28-12-2018, 12:32   #30
Baby01032012
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,291
Have you a link or a code to go with it...showing up as £110 on amazon UK
Baby01032012 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet