Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect ESB supply to existing house

Options
  • 30-07-2020 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi All,

Just buying a house built in 2012.

The house hasn’t been lived in over 3 years & the power supply is disconnected.

I think I have to get the house recertified by an electrician, is this correct?

Does it have to be certified to current regs or former regs

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭walshtipp

goonup wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just buying a house built in 2012.

The house hasn’t been lived in over 3 years & the power supply is disconnected.

I think I have to get the house recertified by an electrician, is this correct?

Does it have to be certified to current regs or former regs

Thanks

You should not need to get house re-certified, as long as it is up to spec. But because it has been disconnected for more that two years, you will need to apply to ESB Networks to have it reconnected. You can do it online or by post.
    https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-connection/reconnecting-supply

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭walshtipp

Apologies, I was wrong on last post, cert is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JL spark

walshtipp wrote: »
    You should not need to get house re-certified, as long as it is up to spec. But because it has been disconnected for more that two years, you will need to apply to ESB Networks to have it reconnected. You can do it online or by post.
    https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-connection/reconnecting-supply[/quote
    You are talking out your h**e lol
    The house will have to be fully tested to be reconnected, to the regs it was built in , you will still come across a few bits that will need doing ,
    What area are you in

• Registered Users Posts: 49 goonup

Apologies, I was wrong on last post, cert is required.

Thanks for the reply

Is there much work required & approx how much will it cost?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JL spark

goonup wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply

Is there much work required & approx how much will it cost?

Thanks

300-400 for test depending on size of house , any remedial work would be extra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 goonup

JL spark wrote: »
    https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-connection/reconnecting-supply[/quote
    You are talking out your h**e lol
    The house will have to be fully tested to be reconnected, to the regs it was built in , you will still come across a few bits that will need doing ,
    What area are you in

Based in Nenagh in Tipp

Advertisement