Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I’d say Browns fans thought they’d batter us twice this year. This is a really bad result for them but they are good enough to recover and make a run later on.

Bengals may not be as good as they looked, but I suppose an emerging team with a young QB is always going to be susceptible to being caught like that. Jets did the same to the Titans a few weeks ago.

Division is definitely up for grabs, anybody could win it.

James Conner just ran in his eleventh TD of the season for the Cardinals, he is leading the league in touchdowns now afaik. Delighted for him. One of the sports good guys that has overcome so much.

I was sorry to see him leave the Steelers but it was tough sledding for him in recent years behind a bad OLine in Pittsburgh. Great to see he has found a place where he can perform to his potential. Very underrated player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think I read recently that he is still around the 3-4 yards per carry that he had in Pittsburgh, just getting more from it.

Win against the Bears...narrow narrow win with something of a collapse from 20-6 up. But 5-3 is a much better record than anyone expected so far, Lions next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Love watching najee Harris play, he's savage. As a bears fan, to me that match was dominated by the refs, but just wanted to say, in an era when running backs are ten a penny, he looks really special.

• Advertisement

Just watched the highlights crazy finish to the game

I couldn’t stay up because I had an early start this AM but I had a quick look on a US forum that I post on this morning and the comments there would seem to bear that out. View is that the refs were appalling and we stole this one. Must watch it tonight.

The standard of refereeing across the board is really poor with very little consistency. Must drive the coaches and players absolutely crazy but they can’t really say anything.

Ben out with Covid for the game tomorrow v the Lions

l’ll be interested to see how Mason performs with this opportunity.

Damn. Are they not getting the vaccines i wonder? I think we'll be ok with Mason though the Lions are just awful.

He was vaccinated but still got it, not unprecedented.

Lions are awfuL but they gave some very good teams a scare earlier in the season including the Ravens and Rams. Can’t take anything for granted, especially with Juju & Claypool missing as well. The big thing for Mason will be to just not turn the ball over, Ben hasn’t been great himself but he is at least taking care of the ball.

Post edited by The_Honeybadger on

• Advertisement

Mason played with James Washington in college so there will be some chemistry there. Hopefully Freiermuth can jell with his aswell

TD Washington. very nice drive to start

You called it earlier fair play

Impressive opening drive from Mason too

Great special team tackle by Derek Watt

Seat of the pants finish as usual, at least they seem to have got a handle on Detroit running through them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Well, erm, at least they didn't lose.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

That OT period was the most insane thing I’ve seen in a while. In fairness a tie was probably fair

That was total chaos Last night i couldn't wait for it to finish

It’ll be tough sledding on Sunday night by the looks of it, and of course it’s a prime time game

What a game, so close, but just not quite good enough. Pretty much every week is edge of your seat stuff with the Steelers.

• Advertisement

Saw the highlights this morning the defence seems just can't stop the run any more which also opens us up to the deep ball. 5 of the last 7 games will be close if we're lucky.

Fell asleep at HT last night, just watched the rest of it. Great effort to stay in it and take the lead in the fourth quarter. I don’t think you could ask much more of the guys that were out there given all the injuries and other absences they are trying to deal with. Season has been a bit of a nightmare from that perspective.

This is an absolute rout. The defence is a pale shadow of the 2019/20 version with all the guys lost to injury and free agency. TJ clearly not ready to come back, they may as well shut him down for the day at this stage.

Schedule doesn’t get any easier either

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ryan Clark isn’t happy with the steelers.

Yesterday was really ugly, outplayed all over the field. They are in free fall, big rebuild and some lean years on the way by the looks of it.

Need to find a QB first and foremost. They’ll have decent draft position but the class is not supposed to be great.

Really (really) not looking forward to this evenings game. It could get very ugly.

Yes I am expecting a whooping

The way results have gone across the league generally this season you never know though

Interesting approach from the steelers trying to tire out the Ravens offence by keeping them on the field the entire game

That drop by Diontae at the goal line was a killer. This is still a game despite a horrible first half performance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

who thought they'd get the 2 points? Andrews caught everything all night and usually Bush was five yards behind him...

• Advertisement

It was a 50/50, just glad we came out on top

TJ now leading the league in sacks despite missing several games. The reason for him not getting POTY the past few years despite leading in all the usual categories that matter was that he was playing in the best Defensive Front in football and he is supposedly a system player. Given that Bud left in free agency and Tuitt and Alualu have missed the whole season surely that excuse is moot?

Advertisement