Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed please... social welfare

Options
  • 09-07-2019 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So I'm confused a little, my partner is moving in with me and our baby, (at my parents), he is from a different county,claiming jsa, iv already been to sw office and explained, I was told to come back once he was actually living here and it would be sorted no problem, his address would be changed and he could claim for us, however we would have to wait a couple of weeks for it all to be sorted. That's fine i understand that, however does he still get his payment as normal on a Monday, and then me and the baby are added in a few weeks or will we have nothing to collect at all untill it comes through? Also do you know when it comes through? Do they tell you or do you just have to keep trying the post office.thanks in advance hope i explained it enough

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

What are your own circumstances? Are you claiming one parent family or anything at present?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

He tells his local SW office that he’s moving. Then he presents himself at his new SW office to open a claim for all of you there.
    You will have informed SW that you are no longer claiming OPF from that date.
    His new claim will be you him and baby.
    He will need to see the CWO for a SWA while the claim is sorted but it should only be for a week or so.
    As he is closing his claim and opening a new claim then his JSA will not be in his new PO when he goes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tooconfused

What are your own circumstances? Are you claiming one parent family or anything at present?

Yes I'm claiming one parent family, obviously I know I lose that but we really just want to do things properly, I'm the type of person where my nerves would be shot tellin a lil lie to my own child haha so yes I know il lose that I was just wondering would his money be there for himself while we waited to be added to his claim

splinter65 wrote: »
    He tells his local SW office that he’s moving. Then he presents himself at his new SW office to open a claim for all of you there.
    You will have informed SW that you are no longer claiming OPF from that date.
    His new claim will be you him and baby.
    He will need to see the CWO for a SWA while the claim is sorted but it should only be for a week or so.
    As he is closing his claim and opening a new claim then his JSA will not be in his new PO when he goes there.

Ok, when I went to my local wf office and asked for the advice on how to go about it, she told me he wouldn't have to go his own wf office that it's all computers now and could be done easily,it's just that we would be waiting a few weeks for me and the baby to be added to his claim. But I never got the chance to ask her about his own money and was wondering would it be there Monday for him if he changes address Friday (for example) and we get added later. Thanks for the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

No, seen as there is no 'his own money' from now on, there wont be any payment for him while ye wait for the family claim to be processed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

No, seen as there is no 'his own money' from now on, there wont be any payment for him while ye wait for the family claim to be processed.

You think that this family will be refused SWA from the CWO while their family JSA is sorted out? Why would the CWO do that?!?

You think that this family will be refused SWA from the CWO while their family JSA is sorted out? Why would the CWO do that?!?

So just an update for those interested. Haha sorry I'm only gettin back now. But we went together and got it sorted it really was simple. We went to the social office in my own town and the man that helped us just had to hit a few things on his computer an we signed up forms and were told that we were all set up and had to wait to get money.that his own county just had to release his file. It should be there by next week, if not def the week after. He told us that payments are made on a Thursday and told my partner to try get a lift back to his own p.o. and pick it up for us to have something but that mine won't be there Thursday. He then gave me the number for cwo and said I would have no problem gettin it but he wreckons the new set up will be ready before I need to contact them. He's going to ring me back on Thursday to let me know for sure. Thanks so much for your help. Deffo put me at ease. Now I just hope the other stuff goes as easy 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

No, apologies if it read wrong. I meant the regular JSA he was on wouldnt be paid as normal while a new claim goes through.

Advertisement