Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccommendations for one-on-one yoga session?

Options
  • 06-12-2012 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Mods, hope it's ok to ask for recomendations - I want to buy my father a one-off one-on-one session with a yoga teacher as a thank you gift (he's recently taught me to drive). He has been practicing yoga for years, but is self-taught, from a book, and I think that even an hour with a knowledgeable person could really add to his practice. Southside Dublin (he's in Rathfarnham, but can of course travel within reason), or in his home if possible, would be ideal.

Anyone any experience of this, or any teachers that you could recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 eml

HI BlueValkryie,
    I was actually just on boards as had been looking for something in Rathfarnham and found fitnecise.ie above Howards Way in Churchtown via FiverFriday and just went to a class. They offer Yoga and Pilates and Personal Training for VERY CHEAP prices.. never thought i could afford it but they do it as Personal training individual classes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jessi_Evans

check out yoga dublin they might know someone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

Many of the best yoga teachers are not connected to the big 'yoga studios'.

There are many different forms of yoga, and it all depends which form of yoga your dad prefers.

If he is primarily interested in physical yoga (such as Iyengar, ashtanga, vinyasa flow) one of the best teachers in your area for this on a one to one basis would be Orla Punch.

If it is meditation as well as physical practice then possibly Ciara Cronin at the Yoga Room.

If it is to work with a specific health issue there are others who could be recommended.

One of the most complete list of yoga teachers can be seen at
    http://www.burrenyoga.com/yoga-ireland/local-yoga-classes/

Or Kanta Barrios who does physical as well as meditation.

Or you may like to think of getting him an eco yoga weekend retreat?

Best Wishes,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bov

Mods, hope it's ok to ask for recomendations - I want to buy my father a one-off one-on-one session with a yoga teacher as a thank you gift (he's recently taught me to drive). He has been practicing yoga for years, but is self-taught, from a book, and I think that even an hour with a knowledgeable person could really add to his practice. Southside Dublin (he's in Rathfarnham, but can of course travel within reason), or in his home if possible, would be ideal.

Anyone any experience of this, or any teachers that you could recommend?

Hi Just seen your message. if you're not sorted yet have a look at the link below. I've heard some good things about them. http://www.yogadublin.com/schedule/#Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BlueValkyrie

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my query - unfortunately my father isn't interested, and so I will look elsewhere for a gift for him.

Thanks again to all who posted, very much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement