Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Individual or national summary?

Take your pick...

In the interest of fairness, I'll be counting the words though!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At my desk in work, just finishing some data analysis for a paper I'm working on and off out to grab a sambo for lunch and a little stroll to clear the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

At my desk too, and really tired for some reason. I could do with a lie down - I'll wait until I win the euromillions tonight and then I can relax :p

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Kitchen side after rescuing a one year old from the washing machine :)
    Nearly nap time tho and then cuppa tea time for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Enjoying my tea break and reading "The lost art of the cutaway" (illustrations). It's on "Messynessy chic" if anyone wants to find it.

I'm in good form. Saw my OH for a while. He called over to drop something to me but we're seeing each other tonight anyway. Hope I didn't worry him too much earlier :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Lunch over. Three hours til quitting time at the zoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside - working. I want to say I'm in the "home straight" but does that count if you work from home!? :confused: Soon to change to Deskside - studying.. exam in 3 weeks so the lazy Dave needs a SERIOUS kick up the @$$....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Transferred to couch and laptop instead of bed and phone.

Welcome back Chipping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sent home sick from work today and trying to recover a little bit in time for a 10k race tomorrow, I'm part of a work team so I'm not sure if they're concerned for my welfare or the points we may or may not pick up if I'm still very poorly tomorrow.

So just out of the sack and feeling miserable :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah bugger, what's on ya Mak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside - working. I want to say I'm in the "home straight" but does that count if you work from home!? :confused: Soon to change to Deskside - studying.. exam in 3 weeks so the lazy Dave needs a SERIOUS kick up the @$$....

Not my style, but always willing to help out a fellow boardsie...

12434103_11447957_600.jpg

Ooh i quite like them as a new rock alternative, also here for arse kicking

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

On the way home side thank the gods.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What's the exam Dave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,529 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

On the way home side thank the gods.

Are things any better this week, Seph?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am winning. That’s all.

I am winning. That’s all.
    Sorry Trig, I've decided I am. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sorry Trig, I've decided I am. :D

And me too , my palm was itchy :D

Are things any better this week, Seph?

Mmm ya there ok I guess thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    And me too , my palm was itchy :D

Better than an itchy arse, I suppose. :confused:

• Advertisement

Well it won't be me, I doubt I'll make it out of the house in time, donate to my gofundme instead purty please?.

RMAOK wrote: »
    Better than an itchy arse, I suppose. :confused:

Old wives tale - itchy left palm means you're going to come in to money.

But yes, much easier to scratch your palm in polite company. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Never ever do the Lotto or Euromillions but I just had to tonight. Oh my god, the things I’d do with €190 million

Hopefully I win it..... But shared with others..... I don't think I would handle 190 million, my life would go crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Oh I’d go off the rails but quite happily be rich enough to build a track in the wrong direction so I’d be fine!

Did you decide about the house bubbly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sitting for the first time today. Got a walk in, cut the lawns, cropped more cooking apples, and got the dinner. Time for a quick read at the paper and to attack the crossword.

It's a lovely bright evening, after a couple of brief heavy showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

I forgot to get a ticket and I couldn't be arsed heading to the shop now. Poopfart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Oh you better believe Auto bought her euromillions ticket :D don't worry I'll look after you all :)

We should have had a wherers syndicate, we could all have Srameen's life!

Ok I've to put bins out. Time to get into me civvies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ok I've to put bins out. Time to get into me civvies

Anyone got the password to Auto's cameras.

We should have had a wherers syndicate, we could all have Srameen's life!

You don't need millions for this life. Just prudence and a bit of planning.

The win would be wasted on me but the family would have a ball I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Balancing the books. It's that time of year again.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Anyone got the password to Auto's cameras.

Pretty sure my tinfoil hat and bosco mask have the cameras beat

You don't need millions for this life. Just prudence and a bit of planning.

The win would be wasted ln me but the family would have a ball I'm sure.

It would be lovely to live the relaxed, comfortable life you have now, I know you've worked for it, but it seems so tranquil. :)

I think the millions would definitely help ...

Not long home, and I've the winning ticket in my bag lol.

No matter how much I might ever win l will definitely have to stay working, I know I'd just take the leaba otherwise, black dog was trying to visit for the last week but here in earnest today the fecker.

Books done for now. Tech desk doing its upload. Nearly time for dinner. Gonna have a beer. Family are happy out. I'm pissed right off, but that's very normal for me. It's a kind of happy that I'm pissed off mood.:eek:

Same thing tomorrow. Taxes, tech desk, chase overdue money, tech desk, make dinner, tech desk, etc etc. Never do the Euro millions. That money would make things feckin worse.:D

No matter how much I might ever win l will definitely have to stay working, I know I'd just take the leaba otherwise, black dog was trying to visit for the last week but here in earnest today the fecker.

*hugs* in the depths myself though ye will have gathered from posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Spent the evening looking at samples of flooring ... I thought clothes shopping was painful! Decisions Decisions

• Advertisement

*hugs*

*hunts the black dog out with a broom*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Vesta31

Sitting on the couch, tis been a long few days. Gathering my thoughts and having a think. Love is hard. Life is fecking hard. Now where did I put the chocolate :P

Listening to Judy Garland singing. That will send me to the leaba happy! Looking forward to the movie.

Vesta31 wrote: »
    Sitting on the couch, tis been a long few days. Gathering my thoughts and having a think. Love is hard. Life is fecking hard. Now where did I put the chocolate :P

Nothing is easy. You can't have fish without bones or fields without stones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Duvet , Grem , and anyone else finding it hard at the minute , I honestly hope it gets easier soon . We're all human and at times put on a great pretense saying all is grand and fine , but it's nice knowing(in a weird way) on our bad , down , days , that we're not the only one who feels like this . If any f that makes sense , it did in my head .
    TLDR,
    it's like a lovely support group in here .

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Not my style, but always willing to help out a fellow boardsie...

Haha! That’s just what I needed Ted! Cheers
    What's the exam Dave?

Seph, it’s an information security exam, CISSP. It’s nicknamed the beast.. it’s huge and scary to anyone looking at doing it! :D

Couchside, guilt free after 4 hours of study watching a Joker special!

And as far as the lotto goes... I won. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, had a bit of a wobble with anxiety earlier, taking it easy :)

Metaldave, come on, suspense is wrecking me head

Metaldave, come on, suspense is wrecking me head

Killing you Grem!??? The site is down for maintenance!!?? Whhhhyyy nowwww???

EDIT - The euro millions thread has calmed me. Top prize won in Ireland was 3,800 :(

Vesta31 wrote: »

baby-with-chocolate-on-face.jpg

That was your chocolate ? oops :o

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Duvet , Grem , and anyone else finding it hard at the minute , I honestly hope it gets easier soon . We're all human and at times put on a great pretense saying all is grand and fine , but it's nice knowing(in a weird way) on our bad , down , days , that we're not the only one who feels like this . If any f that makes sense , it did in my head .
    TLDR,
    it's like a lovely support group in here .

Lovely words mam
    Couchside finally .... docs tomorrow anxiety kicking my ass

Hope ye don’t mind me popping in I’m a bit lonely at the mo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement