Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Insurance - 25plus.ie - €35 off

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

That's for TPFT?
    I pay less than the 123.ie - €478 quote- for Fully Comp- with FBD.........
    Moral of the story- really is- shop around........

Why on earth are your quotes so high?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I found BOI good last year and went with them for €407, they were a good deal cheaper than any alternative. Renewal quote however came in a couple of weeks ago for €691 and they wouldn't budge even when I told them I got cheaper elsewhere and would be moving. Circumstances unchanged and a perfect customer with full NCD, 0 penalty points etc so no logic as with the disparity of the quotes below:

123.ie - €478
    BOI - €691
    FBD - €842
    25Plus - €957
    Allianz - €1093
    Axa - €1230
    Kennco - €1239
    Chill - €1539
    AA - €1552
    Liberty - €1633
    AIG - Won't quote
    Aviva - Won't quote

That's just for TPFT, absolute madness and a proper pain having to ring 10+ companies every year answering the same questions to be given those sort of quotes.

Have you tried its4women? I know it's the same as 25plus but i got different quotes from them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

That's for TPFT?
    I pay less than the 123.ie - €478 quote- for Fully Comp- with FBD.........
    Moral of the story- really is- shop around........

Why on earth are your quotes so high?

Not the moral of my story as I shop around exhaustively every year. With the 123.ie quote I've even gone to the extreme of determining that the number of days in advance that you purchase your policy from has a significant impact on the quote price (something I've raised with 123.ie and which they couldn't logically explain).

It's not like I'm driving a 5 litre super car either or under 25. Car is a 2007 2.0 petrol Volvo S60 so don't see the logic for such rip off quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

irishgeo wrote: »
    I got a cheaper quote off its4women than 25plus last year. They wouldn't match it.

Exactly the same for me around a month ago, they're the same company as far as I can see!

Not the moral of my story as I shop around exhaustively every year. With the 123.ie quote I've even gone to the extreme of determining that the number of days in advance that you purchase your policy from has a significant impact on the quote price (something I've raised with 123.ie and which they couldn't logically explain).

It's not like I'm driving a 5 litre super car either or under 25. Car is a 2007 2.0 petrol Volvo S60 so don't see the logic for such rip off quotes.

Closer to the date or further away from the date being the better price??

I was wondering myself if there is a certain time of the year that was better than others as mine being in April it is always a huge increase to the previous year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Bank of Ireland are competitive also and I noticed today you can spread the cost over the year at no additional cost.

I got mine with Acorn insurance today,worked out cheaper than 25plus.ie.
    Best I could find around after hours of calls and online quotes.
    If I need to change every year , I will , money better in my pocket than theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Closer to the date or further away from the date being the better price??

I was wondering myself if there is a certain time of the year that was better than others as mine being in April it is always a huge increase to the previous year!!

Optimal time is to purchase insurance 12 days prior to the cover start period. Massive disparity in quotes depending on how far in advance you want to start cover as shown with my quote graph below. Completely illogical since it's a year long annual cover and 123 could explain why there was such variations in the premiums.

200s8de.png

Optimal time is to purchase insurance 12 days prior to the cover start period. Massive disparity in quotes depending on how far in advance you want to start cover as shown with my quote graph below. Completely illogical since it's a year long annual cover and 123 could explain why there was such variations in the premiums.

200s8de.png

That's crazy!! 11 days til mine is due now - i will start the search again so!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Voucher Code Still works. Used it for my renewal this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Sleepy wrote: »
    Voucher Code Still works. Used it for my renewal this morning.

The code still works with itsforwomen.ie also. A new policy with them was over €160 less for me than a renewal with 25plus.

I loathe the Irish insurance industry, hate having to spend a day each year giving all these ba$tards my details just to get a bunch of offensively high quotes.

And at the end of it all I am getting the exact same policy from the same underwriter with the same company just under a different marketing brand, but if you don't go through this nonsense you are sure to have your loyalty in renewing taken advantage of.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭talkingpj

Where do you add the voucher code cant see it with my renewal on 25 plus.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

On Its4women, it's at the bottom of the renewal screen under the details of the Standard & Xtra - there's a policy options section where you select your Excess & NCB Protection. It worked for me on my renewal this morning.

I'd say it's somewhere similar on 25+ as the rest of the interface is identical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Thanks to OP

Voucher still working for me this morning, saved me €103 :-)

Price now at €599
    Cheapest I can get anywhere by about half.

I've been using 25plus/itsforwomen for about 8 years on and off now, can't say it's plain sailing but as already mentioned they manipulate you into using their website rather than phone calls but I just get things done early and allow some time. Not ideal if you need information immediately.
    Someone mentioned earlier not being able to have a record of your live chat -I just screenshot and save, you could simply take a photo of the chat either.

In my experience (28 years driving) all insurance companies are out to fleece you, bar none. I have no bother switching and zero loyalty. I simply go with the cheapest. For whatever reason most years that seems to be with this crowd.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

just signed up,
    best other quotes around €500++:mad:

came in at €341 comp xtra,(windscreen)
    (main + named driver)+ ncb protection +150 excess

email docs so hopefully all goes well,
    Yes €10 to call them , so chat and email all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Well balls I paid them last week for my renewal and forgot all about this thread
    Feck it anyway

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Thanks code still working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,496 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is this the code? (from the OP)

VOUCHER CODE: LQ456

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Esel wrote: »
    Is this the code? (from the OP)

VOUCHER CODE: LQ456

Yes that worked for me on just for women

shardylan wrote: »
    Yes that worked for me on just for women

Same company

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

EHOME30 30E off home insurance with same crowd if you have car insurance with them as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

FWIW, I am insured on my car with this lot. They do not accept incoming calls, so if you need to speak with them, it can take days and days. I needed new documents from them and through a couple errors on their part added to the fact I couldn't, you know, RING THEM, it took 24 days to get them issued. I have been with them a couple years but will be leaving when my renewal is up. Terrible service.

Monokne wrote: »
    FWIW, I am insured on my car with this lot. They do not accept incoming calls, so if you need to speak with them, it can take days and days. I needed new documents from them and through a couple errors on their part added to the fact I couldn't, you know, RING THEM, it took 24 days to get them issued. I have been with them a couple years but will be leaving when my renewal is up. Terrible service.

I’ve spoken to a rep twice this year with no problem, sent them a message and requested a call back both times and got sorted the same day both times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,649 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Why not order it online. That’s therre model.

ted1 wrote: »
    Why not order it online. That’s therre model.

Yes.

I did.

They sent me the wrong documents.

It took 6 emails, multiple attempts to get a call back, a formal complaint and 24 days to get the right ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Amazingly, this code is still work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Yea just renewed last week. 25plus were cheapest I was quoted then the €35 off was even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Connrang

Got my renewal from 25plus last week, was just about to renew as I had compared to other websites and they were the cheapest. Saw this post so tried its4women.ie, turned out they were almost €70 cheaper....
    When I tried to buy the policy it would not as I was already with 25Plus which is a " sister company " but in the end they relented. So thanks OP, save me a few €€

Connrang wrote: »
    Got my renewal from 25plus last week, was just about to renew as I had compared to other websites and they were the cheapest. Saw this post so tried its4women.ie, turned out they were almost €70 cheaper....
    When I tried to buy the policy it would not as I was already with 25Plus which is a " sister company " but in the end they relented. So thanks OP, save me a few €€

Keep flipping between the 2 and you will save €50-€80 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Connrang

Hi all,
    Renewed yesterday and got this code this morning.....maybe already around but this is up to date as of 19 June,
    Hope its off some use to some,

LQ456

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

25plus are pretty much the dearest quote I've gotten so far in this year's insurance renewal merry-go-round!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 mttk

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Keep flipping between the 2 and you will save €50-€80 a year

Same with me, was with 25plus last year and contacted them with a quote from its4women, they didn't bring it down for me so I just switched to its4women. Confirmed the code worked which brought it down by 70-80e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

I wouldn't touch them if you have me 500 euro off. Shocking excuse for a company. God help any of you if you are unfortunate enough to have an accident whilst insured by these cowboys

dar_cool wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch them if you have me 500 euro off. Shocking excuse for a company. God help any of you if you are unfortunate enough to have an accident whilst insured by these cowboys

Why, did you have a bad claims experience with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Yes, insured fully comp and had an accident. They were refusing to pay out. Had to get solicitor involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

dar_cool wrote:

I had an accident a couple of years ago while insured with 25plus. No problems whatsoever.

dar_cool wrote: »
    Yes, insured fully comp and had an accident. They were refusing to pay out. Had to get solicitor involved.

What was the basis of their refusal? Did the solicitor get it sorted for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Code still working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What was the basis of their refusal? Did the solicitor get it sorted for you?

I love how this question was never answered - just drop in that they refuse to handle a claim and then disappear :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

Any more codes going for 25plus.ie? That one doesn't seem to work any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭prince20

Just saved €100 by transferring to its4women from 25plus, thanks to all for the advice.

prince20 wrote: »
    Just saved €100 by transferring to its4women from 25plus, thanks to all for the advice.

Go back to 25plus next time

have they put an end to this?

went from its4women to 25plus last year without issue but this year; trying to go the other way I get

"Unfortunately we are unable to quote for your circumstances at this present time as you fall outside of our underwriting criteria. This may be for a number of reasons. If you would like to speak to one of our agents please visit the 'Contacts' section of our website and we will investigate the matter for you."

I wonder are they now not offering quotes if you're trying to go backwards and forwards between the two?

lawred2 wrote: »

went from its4women to 25plus last year without issue but this year; trying to go the other way I get

"Unfortunately we are unable to quote for your circumstances at this present time as you fall outside of our underwriting criteria. This may be for a number of reasons. If you would like to speak to one of our agents please visit the 'Contacts' section of our website and we will investigate the matter for you."

I wonder are they now not offering quotes if you're trying to go backwards and forwards between the two?

Could be anything, just contact them

That is not it.

It means some element of your risk is, as they say, outside their risk criteria so they do not take it on as new business. I know once cars get past a certain age they don't take them on as NB, for example, but obviously they are obliged to quote for renewal.

I work in insurance & have been insured with these guys in the past.

That is not it.

It means some element of your risk is, as they say, outside their risk criteria so they do not take it on as new business. I know once cars get past a certain age they don't take them on as NB, for example, but obviously they are obliged to quote for renewal.

I work in insurance & have been insured with these guys in the past.

nah it's a 6 year old car currently insured with its4women

and nothing material has changed from this year to last year

no points/claims/incidents etc etc etc

• Advertisement

nah it's a 6 year old car currently insured with its4women

and nothing material has changed from this year to last year

no points/claims/incidents etc etc etc

things have changed since last year, you have got a year older for example, there are so many variables it is impossible to answer for the company so just contact them and ask them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

try AnPost for insurance they were the cheapest for me and still AIG. I was surprised tbh

OmegaGene wrote: »
    things have changed since last year, you have got a year older for example, there are so many variables it is impossible to answer for the company so just contact them and ask them

yeah I'm on live chat

as for a year older? really? that's grasping, 38 to 39 doesn't change my insurability

Or maybe it does

let's see what the chat says

525876.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

They accept a UK NCB which might be of interest to those moving back
    Moving back from UK myself in a few weeks so have been looking into it, findings so far are below in case it helps anybody!

Accept NCB
    25Plus.ie
    123.ie
    Liberty Insurance.

Others have strange wording, would need to contact to confirm
    FBD
    Zurich
    Alliance

• Advertisement
Advertisement