Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm

Options
  • 09-05-2019 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi I did not use my house alarm in Dublin for 6 months and now cannot remember the activation code - I can get a new alarm installed for 150 euro - I probable pay almost 150 to get an engineer out to get the activation code of current alarm system. So would I be better off installing the new one for 150 euro ? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Get an engineer out to sort out the system you have.
    You won,t get a new alarm installed for €150 you will get yourself tied into monitoring and maintenance contracts costing you a lot more in the long run.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

harry999 wrote:
    Hi I did not use my house alarm in Dublin for 6 months and now cannot remember the activation code - I can get a new alarm installed for 150 euro - I probable pay almost 150 to get an engineer out to get the activation code of current alarm system. So would I be better off installing the new one for 150 euro ? Thanks

Do you mean have the panel replaced with a more modern one for 150?

You'd need to determine of your existing devices will work on a new panel.

Advertisement