Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Byrne 2019

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I know exactly where that is, people got caught out on the same spot the last 2 years that I did the MB200.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

people got caught out on the same spot the last 2 years that I did the MB200.

Every single year I remember someone went down there....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I think that sharp descent is call 'Conary' or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Anyone know how long it takes to get the medal from France?
    Was back over that way at the weekend just reminded myself of the pain arriving at Mucklagh bridge thinking I was at 140km....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anyone know how long it takes to get the medal from France?
    Was back over that way at the weekend just reminded myself of the pain arriving at Mucklagh bridge thinking I was at 140km....

Depends on if they have stock in Ireland or not, the race has to be accepted in France, once that happens AI will post out the medals as soon as the volunteer in charge has time. Rarely more than a few weeks.

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    Depends on if they have stock in Ireland or not, the race has to be accepted in France, once that happens AI will post out the medals as soon as the volunteer in charge has time. Rarely more than a few weeks.

So 6 weeks already isnt unusual then?
    Im not giving out by the way just wondering.
    I was talking to a few lads who did it last year and didn't get anything back only their brevet card so said i would enquire.

Coincidence brevet card stamped with a number in the post with no medal?
    Was onto the lads. Mistake sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 juicer

Anyone know if the Mick Byrne is happening this year? I can't find any info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭devonp

its not on the Audax Ireland calendar site:(

https://www.audaxireland.org/events-calendar/

but you could always gather up a posse and do it as a permanent..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I don't think it is. You can ride it as a permanent though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Not this year, met the organiser in a pub awhile ago and he is taking a break this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I believe new CI rules have made it impractical to run - Sorrento's a small club.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

loyatemu wrote: »
    I believe new CI rules have made it impractical to run - Sorrento's a small club.
    I've heard unsubstantiated claims that CI required Sorrento to provide signage and marshals for the MB200. It's an audax so why would that be required. No other audax is marshaled or signed in my experience. Isn't audaxing all about self navigating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

I've heard unsubstantiated claims that CI required Sorrento to provide signage and marshals for the MB200. It's an audax so why would that be required. No other audax is marshaled or signed in my experience. Isn't audaxing all about self navigating?

It's a difficult 200km sportive that qualifies as an audax.

It has a building to sign on, food stops, support and every turn marked which aren't the case for most audax.

It's a great event though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Real shame that it's not on. I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers if Sorrento put out the call.

Advertisement