Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forever Young Festival 2019 5th - 7th July, Palmerstown House, Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    well will Marc Almond be doing any soft cell or will it be his solo stuff only? Anyone seen him before post soft cell?

I think it's a class line up

Hope at least a few oldies considering it'll be a short stage time, would imagine most bands/singers will belt out the hits to keep the crowd going if they want a booking again!
    On another note only 5 tribute acts announced for whole weekend so far. Hope there'll be a larger choice announced soon.

corm500 wrote: »
    Set list from a couple of days ago
    Adored and Explored
    "Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart" - Gene Pitney (Intro)
    Tears Run Rings
    Torch
    (Soft Cell song)
    Bedsitter
    (Soft Cell song)
    Soul Inside
    (Soft Cell song)
    Say Hello, Wave Goodbye
    (Soft Cell song)
    Jacky
    (Jacques Brel cover)
    Hot Love
    (T. Rex cover)
    Tainted Love
    (Gloria Jones cover)
    Where Did Our Love Go
    (The Supremes cover)
    The Days of Pearly Spencer
    (David McWilliams cover)

Looks good mix of soft cell and covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Has anyone a promo code for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Stillill42

What's the story with this, lads? My wife bought a weekend ticket, along with a pile of her mates. Not camping but a weekend ticket. Now they're told only campers can attend on Friday. What sort of horse**** is this? I've never heard the like of that before. A couple of the girls questioned it on Facebook and their posts have been deleted??? I'd be apoplectic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Stillill42 wrote: »
    What's the story with this, lads? My wife bought a weekend ticket, along with a pile of her mates. Not camping but a weekend ticket. Now they're told only campers can attend on Friday. What sort of horse**** is this? I've never heard the like of that before. A couple of the girls questioned it on Facebook and their posts have been deleted??? I'd be apoplectic.

That sounds ridiculous, they shouldn't be advertising a weekend festival and having it only open to campers on Friday, they should've expressed this when they first started advertising it.

I notice in their T&Cs that this is not mentioned either about Friday being excluded to non-campers. But in their FAQ page they mention it on the Friday Tickets section, but there should have been a disclaimer on the lineup poster rather than tucked into the FAQ on their website.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Sounds like a lot of hassle for very little. transport in/out will be a nightmare for daily commuters. Most of the must see bands on late in the evening which will mean getting home will be insufferable if attending for the 3 days. None of the bands are "must see" in such a venue.

and the thought of Bucks Fizz taking their clothes off 35+ years on from Eurovision?

Sorry, best of luck to those going but unless you're camping/glamping etc for the weekend, or very very local in walking distance, I really wouldn't bother.

Any one got any idea of closing time for arrivals at carpark/camping on friday night. Will be running late but want to get there friday night!

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    Any one got any idea of closing time for arrivals at carpark/camping on friday night. Will be running late but want to get there friday night!

Nothing on the FAQ section about times...

Ok got bit of info on messager from forever young festival.
    Can arrive until 12 midnight on friday night.
    Music stops 12, bars open till 12.30.
    NO DRINK allowed into arena even after music.
    This includes the "late night area"!
    At the electric picnic once main arena music over you could grab beers from the tent and bring them in.
    Full area will be cleared by 1 ffs. What then? Campfire sing songs? If they allow fires, or singing!

Ok got bit of info on messager from forever young festival.
    Can arrive until 12 midnight on friday night.
    Music stops 12, bars open till 12.30.
    NO DRINK allowed into arena even after music.
    This includes the "late night area"!
    At the electric picnic once main arena music over you could grab beers from the tent and bring them in.
    Full area will be cleared by 1 ffs. What then? Campfire sing songs? If they allow fires, or singing!

I was just about to ask the dreaded alcohol question...
    You can bring cans but not to the arena...

Five lamps lager only...and cider....could be a dry festival!!

• Advertisement

I was just about to ask the dreaded alcohol question...
    You can bring cans but not to the arena...

Five lamps lager only...and cider....could be a dry festival!!

Bit of a controlled concert. Everyone out an back to you beds by 1. I usually go out at 1 lol.
    Though you could at least bring beers on after music over. So basically buy our beer or go dry! Can't even bring in bottles of water. Hope the music makes up for the arrangements!

Bit of a controlled concert. Everyone out an back to you beds by 1. I usually go out at 1 lol.
    Though you could at least bring beers on after music over. So basically buy our beer or go dry! Can't even bring in bottles of water. Hope the music makes up for the arrangements!

Damn young folk! :D
    lasting two nights is my big mission (shakes walking stick)

Damn young folk! :D
    lasting two nights is my big mission (shakes walking stick)

Who mentioned young lol. 50 here lol. Just don't like been told when to go to bed!

Who mentioned young lol. 50 here lol. Just don't like been told when to go to bed!

Bring the CD player ;D

Bring the CD player ;D

Tape deck with loads of big cell batteries lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭emo72

its called forever young, and theres no alphaville? thats a swizz lads, a goddamn swizz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Just back from the Let's Rock Retro Festival in Exeter - down the road from Glasto and for 80s kids - the Human League headlined last night, they were spectacular, analog synths booming out just blow today's electro acts away.

Really surprised at how good Billy Ocean was, he and his band as good as if not better than Nile Rodgers recent run of gigs.

Enjoy everyone next weekend if you're going.

Just back from the Let's Rock Retro Festival in Exeter - down the road from Glasto and for 80s kids - the Human League headlined last night, they were spectacular, analog synths booming out just blow today's electro acts away.

Really surprised at how good Billy Ocean was, he and his band as good as if not better than Nile Rodgers recent run of gigs.

Seen Human league in Leopardstown 2 years ago! Brilliant.
    6 more sleeps....cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Did the Human League do Love Action, probably their best hit. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

They sure did..
    Im not going to post the set list but Phil Oakey doesnt miss a beat

Louise is better IMO ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Yes indeed.

Though I thought "Seconds" was the best number, the ground was literally shaking.

Thomas Dolby was amazing also.

Came home tonite watching Glastonbury on BBC, it's not me getting old, today's acts sound so thin and pallid compared to the 80s titans. The virtual gear they're using and poor sound engineering is 70% of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pflano

Does anyone know if the stage/artist times have been released yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rondog

No-I tweeted them twice already and they said 'next week' which is this week so im keeping my eyes peeled,

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭airnwater

Hi , considering buying a ticket privately for Saturday if I get a good deal ! , just wondering are there generally checks done on entry to see if ticket name matches the holder's name ? Or is that only with physical tickets ? Thanks in advance for any advice !

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pflano

From what I've read, if you present a screenshot of the original ticket buyer's ID, that will be fine. But I wouldn't chance it without that. Seems like they will be looking for photo ID for tickets

Pflano wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the stage/artist times have been released yet?

"Doors to the event open at noon on Saturday and Sunday with live music starting at 2pm and running until 11pm while the late-night area stays open until 1am."

LINE UP:

(not in running order)

SATURDAY JULY 6 SUNDAY JULY 7

THE HUMAN LEAGUE HOLLY JOHNSON

KIM WILDE LEVEL 42

JIMMY SOMMERVILLE MARC ALMOND

MIDGE URE BONNIE TYLER

HOT HOUSE FLOWERS TOM BAILEY (THOMPSON TWINS)

CRY BEFORE DAWN HEAVEN 17

CHINA CRISIS T’PAU

IMAGINATION BIG COUNTRY

HAZEL O CONNOR FROM THE JAM

KATRINA (& THE WAVES) THE FIZZ

DR. & THE MEDICS TOYAH

THE SOUTH XSM (Ex SIMPLE MIND)

From the Indo T'other evening...
    https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/festivals/forever-young-festival-2019-how-to-get-there-tickets-site-map-and-more-38274022.html

Still strongly considering buying a camping ticket just to bring beer I will actually drink...
    I presume you can still add camping at the this late stage?

Still strongly considering buying a camping ticket just to bring beer I will actually drink...
    I presume you can still add camping at the this late stage?

You can bring the beer to the campsite but you still can't bring it in to the arena even after the bands are finished! Unless someone was to attempt the unimaginable and sneak some in!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mac B

• Advertisement

Mac B wrote: »

Great start to Sunday, Big Country, Simple Minds and the Jam, brilliant, that'll cure the expected hangover!

Advertisement