Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spice Girls - Croke Park - May 24th 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Girlfriend managed to get standing in the end, way after it said there was none left. Keep on trying for whatever your preference is.

Knowing ticketmaster, they'll release another batch in a week or two anyway.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Bought seated tickets and my Daughter got standing. Will ticketmaster refund the seated ones if I drop them an email?

Yep.
    Send T/M a mail here
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/ourguarantee

You have 3 days from purchase to get a full refund for the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lovemylife

Sent an email and got an immediate reply saying tickets are cancelled and refund will be processed. Thanks for the advice, didn't know about ticketmaster's 3 day refund policy and thought I would have to try to sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

okidoki987 wrote: »
    What's astonishing is the amount of tickets that have now appeared including
    some good ones after all the waiting/stress etc.
    lovemylife wrote: »
    Sent an email and got an immediate reply saying tickets are cancelled and refund will be processed.

If tickets are being cancelled right away I wonder if this is a case of potential touts buying up tickets in the hope the gig sells out. Then see it is not sold out and so ask to cancel.

About 10am I just tried to see and none were available, I thought any glitches should have calmed down by then. I can get 8 gold circle now, or 8 seats together.

Or else its a combination of this and they usual trickery of holding back ones to sell the crap first. You can see platinum pitch A are available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Spice Girls official Twitter saying it’s sold out?? What is going on?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Zardoz

rubadub wrote: »
    If tickets are being cancelled right away I wonder if this is a case of potential touts buying up tickets in the hope the gig sells out. Then see it is not sold out and so ask to cancel.

About 10am I just tried to see and none were available, I thought any glitches should have calmed down by then. I can get 8 gold circle now, or 8 seats together.

Or else its a combination of this and they usual trickery of holding back ones to sell the crap first. You can see platinum pitch A are available too.

Its all games by Ticketmaster .

“Demand for Spice Girls was off the chart,” Andrew Parsons, Ticketmaster’s managing director, said.
    “They have smashed through Ticketmaster UK’s records becoming the busiest ever sale.
    “There were millions of people on our site searching for tickets, with a queue at one point of well over 700,000.”
    Parsons added: “Hundreds of thousands of tickets were sold to happy fans across the country within minutes.
    “Congratulations to the girls. From what we saw, they could have played nearly every night for a year.”

Every night for a year ,yet they cant even sell out the majority of the UK gigs ,most of which have huge hold backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Shelga wrote: »
    Spice Girls official Twitter saying it’s sold out?? What is going on?!

Lies...

Crazy amount of tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Mcd cowboys posting up on facebook that it's sold out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

How can lying like that be legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

See people selling standing tickets on Done Deal for 150 euro! Thats a nice mark up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

was on app at 9am
    couldnt get anything
    spun for a while
    eventually told me nothing available

tried there
    first thing I notice is tickets now start at 69 and not 59....WTF.....
    doesn't really matter, cause still coming up as none available

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

I got tix and my boyf got me tix...which will be better PitchA or PitchC? I can’t decide!!

He just got them 10 mins ago fyi so there are all manner of tix available

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

giddybootz wrote: »
    I got tix and my boyf got me tix...which will be better PitchA or PitchC? I can’t decide!!

Pitch A is closer

some artists will stick to one side of the stage, e.g. bob dylan usually goes one side, and for the stones I think Richards sticks to one side, I think in slane people were pissed off as the sides changed after buying. The spice girls might do the same so you might want one side rather than the other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

100% pitch A. Unless you wanna go in early and get to the front of Pitch C, but it could be very congested there too.

With Pitch A you can stroll in 5 minutes before the start and be right up the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Are Pitch A and B equally as good as each other, obviously aside from being on opposites sides of the stage? Everything else being equal, are they much the same?

Or is Pitch A that bit more "premium" or accessible?

boyznoise wrote: »
    Fake news brigade, they have struggled, expect lots of empty seats and lots of free tickets next year

Well it hasn't stopped this attention seeking cretin from his usual scaremongering

https://twitter.com/NoelRock/status/1065554223239188480

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

still gold circle tickets - just checked out of morbid curiosity..

Mcd cowboys posting up on facebook that it's sold out.....
    Shelga wrote: »
    How can lying like that be legal?

might be worth registering a quick complaint

https://www.asai.ie/make-a-complaint/

Noel Rock on Radio 1 soon giving out about touts buying up all the tickets for the Spice Girls concerts and selling them for 500 euro.
    What a clown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

466652.JPG

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    still gold circle tickets - just checked out of morbid curiosity..

No doubt regular price pitch tickets will reappear, just like they did for the stones.

"oh look, we moved a speaker so now have some additional production tickets on the pitch, 15,000 of them."

Meanwhile people will panic buy overpriced seats which they do not really want.

There's nothing stopping someone advertising tickets at €100,000 each,
    it just doesn't mean they will be sold at that price.
    People are not paying €500 for a ticket, sellers are advertising them at that hoping someone with more money than sense buys them.
    I would be amazed if anybody has bought tickets at high prices for this gig.

For anyone still looking, wait and see how many tickets come back on Monday after people return them to T/M.

There's nothing stopping someone advertising tickets at €100,000 each,
    it just doesn't mean they will be sold at that price.
    People are not paying €500 for a ticket, sellers are advertising them at that hoping someone with more money than sense buys them.
    I would be amazed if anybody has bought tickets at high prices for this gig.

Try telling that to Rock ,he was on Radio 1 just now saying the gig sold out in minutes and people were paying 500 euro for tickets .
    He loves self promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭siblers

For anyone still looking, wait and see how many tickets come back on Monday after people return them to T/M.

Ticketmaster are very strict on returning tickets

siblers wrote: »
    Ticketmaster are very strict on returning tickets

not anymore, I guess you are unaware of this. It is limited to 3 times per year but I imagine that would be easy to get around.
    We now have a fan guarantee for our customers, where we can offer a 72-hour cooling off period. This means you can cancel and refund your order if you change your mind within 72 hours of booking with us.

There are a few things that aren’t covered by the guarantee, so be sure to check the exclusions below before putting in a request.
    • Fan Guarantee does not apply to VIP tickets, packages , deposit schemes/instalment plans or events where you pick a specific time slot.
    • Refunds are not available on events within 14 days of the event.
    • You can request up to three refunds in a calendar year.
    • We’ll refund the full value of your order unless the tickets have been posted. If they have, we’ll retain the delivery fee.
    • We can only cancel the tickets themselves – if you added any extras to your order like insurance or collector tickets, you’ll still be charged for these.
    • We can offer exchanges for tickets in the same price bracket or higher, subject to a £6/ €6 admin fee per booking. Please be aware that if an event does sell out, an exchange won't be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Got 2 pitch standing tickets no problem for this earlier today. Amazing for a "sold out" show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Selling two seated tickets. PM if you want them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

CWF wrote: »
    Selling two seated tickets. PM if you want them.

Sold

Advertisement