Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Cure - 8th June 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Hoboo wrote: »
    How do you find out when they release more tickets? If I don't get two by Christmas for herself and her sister I may as well pack the dog and leave.

Thanks a million :D

Glad you and the dog will have a roof over your heads this Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Just got x2 tickets from Ticketmaster ( e tickets?). Can't believe it, actually found out there was more tickets available by accident and went ahead and bought.
    So looking forward to the concert.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Looks like there are more tickets up on ticketmaster at the moment - I just got two.

Deadly thanks for that! Still there this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not complaining as I've managed to nab tix for a few friends who missed out, but what the hell is going on?

Strange that tix seem to up every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

maximoose wrote: »
    Not complaining as I've managed to nab tix for a few friends who missed out, but what the hell is going on?

Strange that tix seem to up every day

Anti-tout tactic I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 elephanttalk

Anti-tout tactic I'd imagine.

Maybe promoters underestimated the demand for tickets (it's been a while since The Cure played a solo gig here) and are in the process of expanding capacity of the gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Very possibly. Just guessing. Past few years has seen similar drip feeding, but no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 teddybear73

I think the sold out thing is an ego trip for artists. Its always sold out in 45 minutes. Makes them feel a bit important and also makes people panic into looking for tickets and creating additional demand.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I think the sold out thing is an ego trip for artists. Its always sold out in 45 minutes. Makes them feel a bit important and also makes people panic into looking for tickets and creating additional demand.

I think they do tranches. E.g. if there is a max capacity of 20k, they release 15k and if they sell out they release another 5k in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mogwai and The Twilight Sad playing the day The Cure are headlining Mad Cool.
    please please please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mogwai and The Twilight Sad playing the day The Cure are headlining Mad Cool.
    please please please

Aren't they doing the gig in Scotland too in August?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Ride & The Twilight Sad confirmed as support.

https://mcd.ie/the_cure_sell_out_malahide_castle/

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭roll

was hoping for mogwai but ride and the twilight sad will do nicely, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Ride, happy days! I missed them and Slowdive in Hyde Park (had tickets but couldn't make it) so this sort of makes up for it. Be great if Slowdive were added of course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Great stuff. That'll be a day out, alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭fourmations

lovely stuff, I wonder will Ride get about 7 minutes though to
    accommodate the endless cure set

lovely stuff, I wonder will Ride get about 7 minutes though to
    accommodate the endless cure set

:)

Hopefully will get a good 30 - 40 minutes from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Just Mustard too. Not to be forgotten a fantastic band

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emeraldangel

Hi guys,

Anyone know where i can sell my tickets to this gig? I am gutted but i cant go now :( i just want what i paid for them ( face value and booking fee). Rather sell them to an individual as the ticket selling sites are a real pain.

Thanks ����

Oh yeah i have 2 tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,109 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Hi guys,

Anyone know where i can sell my tickets to this gig? I am gutted but i cant go now :( i just want what i paid for them ( face value and booking fee). Rather sell them to an individual as the ticket selling sites are a real pain.

Thanks ����

toutless.com

• Advertisement

Not heard of toutless will check it out thanks ��

Looks like I have now sold the tickets - but if not i shall relist them on toutless.com.

Happy to see that Ride are releasing a new album - hopefully in time for the gig and we'll get some new songs played too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Looks like I have now sold the tickets - but if not i shall relist them on toutless.com.

I'll take em if available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Has everyone that's bought them received their physical tickets?? I haven't gotten mine yet, but I bought three tickets to another Malahide concert that have all arrived. I booked them all in the same way to the same address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I had 3 orders of 2 tickets - I've only received tickets for one of the orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Has everyone that's bought them received their physical tickets?? I haven't gotten mine yet, but I bought three tickets to another Malahide concert that have all arrived. I booked them all in the same way to the same address.

Yeah mine came

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Got them ages ago

Sound I emailed TM and they said that they were sent, so they’ve cancelled them and mailed me an e-ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Is this sold out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

zweton wrote: »
    Is this sold out?

Try ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭askU

Tickets for sale on gumtree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭gifted

Hi guys,

Thanks ����

I'm in the same boat, have two tickets but can't go. Anyone looking for two tickets at face value for what I paid for them. Got them from ticket master via email.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

gifted wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, have two tickets but can't go. Anyone looking for two tickets at face value for what I paid for them. Got them from ticket master via email.

try adverts.ie or toutless.com ... both great sites for selling & buying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Any advice for someone going to Malahide Castle for the first time? Best place to watch, getting there from city etc etc

Mine haven't arrived yet.

Corholio wrote: »
    Any advice for someone going to Malahide Castle for the first time? Best place to watch, getting there from city etc etc

You can get the Dart to literally right outside the entrance of the concert venue. As for best place to watch, I guess as it's outdoor the closer you get to the stage the better the sound will be. It's hit and miss really.

Be warned, the pubs will be thronged and they'll only serve you with a plastic glass as most people will be on the street drinking. It was packed for Liam Gallagher last year; I dare say the Cure crowd will be a little better behaved (not that the LG crowd were badly behaved) but I'd say it'll still be crazy. Lots of police around however so shouldn't be any trouble.

Getting out and home might be more of an issue; I left before LG was over to beat the rush and hopped right into a cab (you can still hear the music on the longish walk out); apparently later there was all sorts of trouble on the Dart. A tip may be to walk a little away from the village where you might get a taxi coming in. If you want to use public transport you could always get a taxi to Sutton and get the Dart or bus into town from there. Will be quieter and a different line to the Malahide one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Mine haven't arrived yet.

Same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Contact TM .

I received my ones in mid December.

• Advertisement

Re: tickets not arriving. I emailed Ticketmaster through their “Contact Us” on the website. They took my booking number etc and said that the tickets were sent when i bought them. They cancelled them and sent me an e-ticket straight away. Was very easy I do. I was expecting it to be a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

Before Malahide the band are doing a few Disintegration 30th anniversary gigs in Australia. They will be playing the album in full during those sets.

Anyone know or speculate if that's the plan here? They've been playing Disintegration heavy sets the last few years anyway, but the full album would be cool.

That said, much as I love Disintegration, I witnessed a 4 track Seventeen Seconds encore a few years ago in Amsterdam. Now that was something.

Not sure I'd want a full Disintegration set, standing in a field. Hopefully it'll be more a couple of deep cuts, some older stuff, and then a good smattering of hits to keep the crowd happy.

And that's probably what we'll get judging by recent setlist and assuming these 30th anniversary shows are specific to Australia. On further reading it seems they are.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/19/the-cure-disintegration-30th-anniversary-shows-to-debut-at-sydney-opera-house

"While the band has a series of festival dates scheduled across the globe through the year, the Disintegration shows in Sydney are being billed as a “world premiere” – but no other venues or dates have been announced."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Anyone have any idea what The Cure are to take to the stage at? Says Gates open 16:00..

Thanks

Headliners usually go on around 9pm, but it could be early due to the residents nearby. So they could be on at 8pm and finished by 10pm.

• Advertisement

Headliners usually go on around 9pm, but it could be early due to the residents nearby. So they could be on at 8pm and finished by 10pm.

Unless it's a festival performance, The Cure play for close to 3 hours, averaging 30-song sets. Highly unlikely they will finish in 2 hours. So either they'll start earlier or play later if allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

Any chance or sign of more tickets becoming available for this on Ticketmaster closer to the event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Well, they might aim to replicate what they did in Hyde Park and do 10:15 Saturday Night at 10:15.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

Well, they might aim to replicate what they did in Hyde Park and do 10:15 Saturday Night at 10:15.

They can run into the trees and do A Forest after it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

What a brilliant last five songs at Hyde Park

Boys Don’t Cry
    Jumping Someone Else’s Train
    Grinding Halt
    10:15 Saturday Night
    Killing An Arab

"Football's coming home" being sung en masse afterwards

• Advertisement
Advertisement