Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vietnam visa

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,284 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Heading to Vietnam next month, flying from Ireland, connection via Paris. Only staying for 30 weeks. Got the link from the Dept of Foreign Affairs. https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

It says
    For outside Vietnam Foreigners personally applying for E-visa

Upload foreigners' passport data page image and photograph (straight looking without glasses)

Step 1: Fulfill required information:

Upload foreigners' passport data page image and photograph (straight looking without glasses);

After this step, registration code will be sent to the applicant;

Step 2: Pay E-visa fee (25 USD). Your application will be processed in 3 working days;

Step 3: Enter registration code, registration email and date of birth to check result in E-visa search menu. If being approved for E-visa, please print E-visa to enter/exit Vietnam.

Do I scan in or take a photo of my passport's main page, is that adequate? I was watching someone's Youtube vlog recently and that had to have two passport photos with them, but I can't recall if they did the e-visa. Sounds like not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I was warned off doing the evisa online as it causes many credit cards to get blocked.

I did the visa approval letter and will pay $25 on arrival. I am not risking my card on that website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

I did the letter and money on arrival too. Had to pay in Dong but there was an ATM on arrival.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,284 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yes. That's the site I used. Pay them using Paypal no issues. They respond very quickly with the visa approval letter.

• Advertisement

Yup 90% certain that was the one I used too but this was over two years ago. Enjoy it, great country!

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

I am not risking my card on that website.
    It's an official government website. What's the risk to your card?
    Yes. That's the site I used. Pay them using Paypal no issues. They respond very quickly with the visa approval letter.
    In case there's any confusion, that's a commercial website. You are giving your valuable passport details to some random company on the web. And paying more than you'd pay for the e-visa from the official site.

I am not concerned. They are a reputable company with good reviews. Many of my associates have used them over the years.

What I won't deal with is hours of trying to get my bank to unblock my card. A few quid more for less hassle is good news to me.

AIB internet banking allows you to add a travel note to your cards. Don't think you can do it very far in advance, though.

Use a Revolut travel card, when your card gets frozen just pop into the app and unfreeze again.

• Advertisement

I got approval from the official website and a PDF with the details, QR code, etc. Is that it now, that's what I bring on arrival, or anything else? Passport photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I got approval from the official website and a PDF with the details, QR code, etc. Is that it now, that's what I bring on arrival, or anything else? Passport photos?

That's all you need. Not necessary even to show it on arrival, they have it on record.
    Print it off anyway of course, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Is this the site you used ?

Is this the site you used ?

No. I used this. https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I've used vietnamvisa pro.com for years without a problem, just used them again three months ago no hassle, just make sure to have the $ when you arrive for visa stamp and also download the entry/exit form, fill in before ya go and one passport photo, how long are ya going for? If under a month use evisa much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

Just print it and bring it with you.

I'm not to sure when I will be flying hoping next month just want to have the visa before I book my flights.
    Will the proposed entry date matter that I enter ?

Visa is valid for a month from the date of proposed entry.

Anyone know how long this takes to process ? Just applied today

3 or 4 days typically.

• Advertisement

Hi All
    I received my visa last week but cant travel until the 16th the expiry date is the 27th June - but only want to stay till the 25th would that be OK ? or will I need a new visa ?

No problem whatsoever. As long as you leave before the validity period ends there is not going to be a problem.

No problem whatsoever. As long as you leave before the validity period ends there is not going to be a problem.

If I decide to go later and not use that Visa (Ill get another) will that be an issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If I decide to go later and not use that Visa (Ill get another) will that be an issue ?

No. Happens all the time.

Thanks everyone thats great info
    God bless boards and its members :-)

No problem at all. It's one of the more fuky countries for visas but still easy.

steve-o wrote: »
    Just print it and bring it with you.

There was a group of 4 women in front of me without paperwork, only stuff on phones. I'm not sure what was going on, the immigration officer asked them to wait and called me forward. He checked my passport and said 'visa on arrival', I showed him the print out as I had it ready. My interaction with him can't have been more than 70-80 seconds. Always handy to have the paper version. Heard you might need it for exiting, but that wasn't the case.

I suspect they had the visa approval letters on their phones which is no use to man nor beast.

I always keep a hard copy ready just in case. I know many people claim they have it in the system and there is no need but that will not satisfy an officious airline official who may demand it or find that the visa system is down at the airport. This has happened a few times with the Turkish evisa and the printout was the only thing that would do.

That's mad they were allowed on the plane. Every time I've flown to Vietnam, the check-in has made sure to look at my printed out visa on arrival letter.

• Advertisement

That's mad they were allowed on the plane. Every time I've flown to Vietnam, the check-in has made sure to look at my printed out visa on arrival letter.

I didn't experience that at all, but your post reminded me that Air France asked me for 'proof' of booking when I was at their desk at Dublin. Fortunately I had a print out of that to hand.

Advertisement