Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc alarm rf low battery fault

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ollie111

Just took a family poll and 3 votes for male voice and 2 for female!! Maybe a deep female voice?

Thanks for advice on where to get battery.

Just to clarify..., is battery in alarm panel or is it in the box on side of house?

Thanks for all the help so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Ollie111 wrote: »
    Just took a family poll and 3 votes for male voice and 2 for female!! Maybe a deep female voice?

Thanks for advice on where to get battery.

Just to clarify..., is battery in alarm panel or is it in the box on side of house?

Thanks for all the help so far

Very Democratic.

When you see the size of the battery you will see why it will only fit in the system Control Panel.
    It is neither the keypad or the external sounder unit.

There in your house you have a metal blank box, it might be next to your fuse board, it is around the same size as a domestic type fuse board.
    Or it may be in your hot press, an attic, but it is certainly there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Llamedos

Its in a white box in your house, usually in your attic, hallway or in a cupboard under the stairs

I found it in the utility but in a really awkward spot : Will need my other half to help me access it. Got a price of 80 euro from alarm guy to change the battery so really hope we can do it ourselves

Job done!!!

Thanks for all the advice.
    As per process above I turned off power and took out battery.

Headed to aes Kinsale Road for new battery 24 euro. Brought old one with me.
    Was not able to set alarm without battery present but was only a few hours.

Turned off power again, put in new battery and all working ok!!!

Saved myself 56 euro!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

I have been getting the low battery message and followed the instructions above .... bought a new battery with same spec and size etc, unset the alarm and turned off the power before putting the new battery in main control panel (not keypad).

Problem is I am still getting a low battery message and I am wondering if there's another small battery I may have missed ? also I don't have the engineers code as the alarm was already on the house when I moved in. When I changed the battery, I needed to re enter the year.... other that than no problems.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Dtoffee wrote: »
    I have been getting the low battery message and followed the instructions above .... bought a new battery with same spec and size etc, unset the alarm and turned off the power before putting the new battery in main control panel (not keypad).

Problem is I am still getting a low battery message and I am wondering if there's another small battery I may have missed ? also I don't have the engineers code as the alarm was already on the house when I moved in. When I changed the battery, I needed to re enter the year.... other that than no problems.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Depending on the software on the panel you would need the engineer code to restart the battery timer in engineer mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

altor wrote: »
    Depending on the software on the panel you would need the engineer code to restart the battery timer in engineer mode.

Thanks for the reply ..... there has been no problems or fault reports the last few nights and the only thing I can think of is that the new battery took 24 hrs to fully charge.

No doubt I have put the mockers on it now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

Hi Guys, similar problem with HKC low battery alarm error message

Anywhere in dublin kikdare area that sells battery's

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Pistachio

Hi, is it possible to disable a hkc alarm totally? It was in the house when we got here, I've spent a fortune on batteries and still getting the fault beeping which is now constant!! Entering the code only stops it for a few seconds... it's more trouble than anything else, found an engineer who said he'll try fit us in next week! I'll have lost my mind by then....

You could do a full down power but unless the engineer has the engineer code he may not see what the fault was.

Advertisement