Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-01-2010, 15:09   #46
Fad

5 years? Depends whether I bail on this course or not!

Either way I still see myself in college (Masters or Phd), slowly growing to resent the time I spend there!

Living away from home, trying my best to be in some way happy!
Advertisement
14-01-2010, 15:21   #47

I reckon I've got the next 2-3 years figured out. Finish college in May, work in Ireland for the summer, graduate in September, apply for TEFL work in China and the likes, come back and find a masters or phd!
14-01-2010, 16:21   #48

Have a degree and maybe be in further study, have a ladyfriend, kill said ladyfriend, escape to cuba, make new ladyfriend, etc, etc.
14-01-2010, 17:00   #49
Pipz

Hopefully me and my boyfriend will be living together, with our two dogs. I'll have a job I'm happy in, and will possibly start travelling around the world. .
14-01-2010, 18:41   #50
Limerick Dude

Send a message via MSN to Limerick Dude
In 5 years time.

I would like to have finished both my degree and hopefully a masters.

Also would like to find a job that I love doing and probably settle down in Ireland, after travelling the world!!!
Advertisement
14-01-2010, 19:27   #51
peabutler

I revise my earlier post. Following events in thelalst 24 hours, in 5 years time I hope to be out on good behaviour.

In all seriousness I do not have a clue. Love to be doing something I enjoy but lord knows.
15-01-2010, 23:04   #52
kingcobra

Hmmm...

In my dreams i see myself no.1 golfer in the world

In reality I see myself on a sports scholarship in the US studying some course like...ummm...sports science?
16-01-2010, 00:11   #53
deise_girl

Five years fro now I'll still only be a teen
Errm I dont really know, maybe UL doing equine science. Be in my second year I think.
16-01-2010, 00:47   #54
Banned

with a job depressed ( as you do).
Advertisement
16-01-2010, 00:51   #55

I'm not too optimistic when it comes to the future; when I try and see myself in 5 months time, I see nothing. Never mind 5 years.

The way I see it, there are 3 possibilities:
(a) I'll be stuck in a dead end job I hate, living on my own
(b) I'll be an unemployed waster, living at home
(c) I'll have been hit by a bus or something, living (though not literally) in a box six feet underground

None of them sound too appealing. This is why I try to think about the future as little as possible.
16-01-2010, 00:52   #56
Slow Show

5 years time...I'll be 19 only. Hopefully be in college and happy doing what I'm doing, and hopefully in my 2nd year. Bit early to be deciding what I want to do yet but through my older sisters and cousins I like Trinity and UCC and I think UL has a savage campus. But sure we'll see
16-01-2010, 14:36   #57
nitromaster

Millionaire maybe?
That could work

But any decent job that's out there....I'd prefer something computerized/technical tho...would do

Else unemployments the way to go....stupid recession
16-01-2010, 20:14   #58
Piste

Hopefully I'll be an intern in James' and not Beaumont as it's ridiculously far away.
16-01-2010, 20:31   #59

I really have no idea.
This time six months ago I NEVER would've thought I'd be where I am now. So to try to predict where I'll be in a period of time ten times longer than that is difficult.

I just wanna be happy. Finished college,maybe. Maybe in a postgrad. I'd like to have friends and maybe a boyfriend and have learned lots and have traveled a little. I'd like to be traveling. By then I hope to have visited some friends from far away places,too.

I'll be 22. And that is extremely weird to think about, because I'll be an adult and I can't envisage that. So I hope I'm doing something that puts a spring in my step and I'd like to think I'll overcome some issues in the next five years. I think if that works out, I'll be happy and that's all that matters really,whatever I'm up to.
Thanks from:
16-01-2010, 20:45   #60
morningpeasant

In five years' time I'll be twenty-four, and will (hopefully) have managed to graduate with a first in either graphic design, painting, or Japanese.
Regardless, I will hopefully be in Japan with the J.E.T program, improving my language skills and having a bloody good time while I'm at it.
I want to remember my college years as some of the best in my life, but know that I've got many, many more exciting things ahead of me.
I want to get a masters and PHD and enjoy the work I do for them. I want to take pride in what I do.
I want to be excited about life, and be thankful that things are better than they were five years ago.
I want to be living away from home (seeing as I'll be in Japan that shouldn't be too hard )
I want my family and friends to be healthy and happy.
I want to be more comfortable with myself.
I want to have read lots and lots of book, have seen lots and lots of movies, drawn lots and lots of pictures, and talked to lots and lots of people.
With any luck I'll have someone in my life who I feel close to and can cuddle

Whether or not this will actually happen... only time will tell!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion