Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QFA Sample Papers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CALLY0412

Hi Karl,
    They are all faxed through for you there now...
    They kept getting stuck in the fax machine though. :mad::( so let me know if they didn't all get through and i will refax the ones you are missing..
    Enjoy :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 carlito159

Hi,
    Thats brilliant.

Thanks alot!!

Hi Karl,
    How'd the exam go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 redmal09

RE: Negative Marking, you get 3 marks for every correct answer, for every question skipped it is 0, and for everry wrong answer -1. The pass rate has lowered to 50% - so to pass you need to get 50 questions right assuming you answered 30 incorrectly which is 50%, or 40 right and 40 unanswered.

if ur registered with the iob, they have online exams, which give you your result as soon as you have submitted form, and there is a pilot paper in the study guide and also a past exam on there too..:)

qfas are not based on a neg marking system.. never have been..
    if you answer a question incorrectly you just get zero for that question..
    have all bar one of my qfas done and none have operated neg marking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ThatsNotMyName*

Cally0412, No you're wrong, QFA exmas are negatively marked now. -1 for an incorrectly answered question. 3 for a correctly answered question and nothing for not answering it. And pass mark is now 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MrsJohnMurphy

Cally0412, No you're wrong, QFA exmas are negatively marked now. -1 for an incorrectly answered question. 3 for a correctly answered question and nothing for not answering it. And pass mark is now 50%

Actually easier to pass now in my oponion.

Supposing you know 40%, take a 50/50 of 40% and blind guess of 20% then your scores on average would be

old system : 120 + 60 + 16 = 196 outta 300 = 65.3% = barely pass!
    new system : 120 + 60 - 20 + 15 - 15 = 160 outta 300 = 53.3% = pass with a bit to spare!

So its easier to pass now!

:cool:

mjm

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eddiek

has anyone attended the one day workshop with mockexams.ie for the qfa financial planning exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 star32

Hi

Am doing my regulations in May. Has anyone got example exam papers. Am a working mother of 3 so am finding it difficult to find time to get through the book. I find the sample papers a great study aid. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lilcurlysue

Hi does anyone know where i can i can view past papers of qfa loans and regulation?? really stuck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ails2012

Hi
    I'm doing Regulation exam on 24th March.Does anyone have any tips for me? I have only 1 sample paper to review online.(always had at least 2 to review) would anyone have a few they could send me?? I'm doing it with IOB and the book is so badly laid out. It seems to all roll into one. The online test on each chapter is good but I would prefer to print out to review more often than having to log on etc...

Would be happy with any information.Thanks
    Ails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kevdough

if anyone has the QFA loans and regulations past papers and could give me copies i would be grateful. jsut signed up for them with exams scheduled for May so need to get act together to pass them. if i had copy exams to work on, that would be a hugh help.. thanks for any help... kevin... if possible that could be sent by email you can private message me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kevdough

star32 wrote: »
    Hi

Am doing my regulations in May. Has anyone got example exam papers. Am a working mother of 3 so am finding it difficult to find time to get through the book. I find the sample papers a great study aid. Thanks in advance.

trying to find them myself... still waiting on manuals to arrive and bricking it if they are voluminous... dont know what i signed up for..... if you manage to get them, and could forward them to me i'd be grateful... maybe a study forum would help everyone to exchange ideas and help every one pass.. wonder if you or anyone else is interested in such a forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 harriet1234

Hi
    I have my regulation exam this saturday and im wondering does anyone have any past exam papers that they wouldnt mind sharing with me? or is there anywhere i can access past exam papers, id really appreciate any help I can get. Im registered with the institute of bankers and they only give one exam paper :( ans id like to get some more practice before the exam
    My email is <email snipped>

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ifwah

Im also sitting Regulation in May, sat loans in January and the only thing that helped me was doing the full mcq test on the IOB website over and over and over again! It really is a joke that theres no sample papers anymore and no lectures.
    I listened to the live 'lecture' for loans and it was a disgrace, didnt go through anything that was helpful at all, really just the same as the videos at the end of the chapters.
    Id defo be interested in like a forum for questions people are having difficulty with that others might be able to help it, I think thats a great idea.
    Such a money making scam, €165 to resit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mic856

hi i have my qfa regulation exam next saturday and I'm trying to find some sample papers would anyone have some??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mic856

sungem wrote: »
    Hi, i have some regulation papers that i can send on to you, only in paper format though so dont know how i will get them to you......

Hi I was wondering if you would still have regulation past papers I am sitting my exam next sat would find them a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cute6guru

Help!!! these exams are stressin me out!!!! any obe got any hints or tips hav loans on sat and regulayion nxt week.

Help!!! these exams are stressin me out!!!! any one got any hints or tips hav loans on sat and regulation nxt week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sticks2012

Any1 got sample papers for the loans and regulations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Hope im ok bumping this

Would appreciate any past exams for loans an regulations

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

Another voice requesting past regulation papers if anyone has them please.
    Working away at the study manual (MiFIDs are fascinating!) but any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Pele

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fridge7

Would anyone be able to PM me a past paper for the Pensions QFA please. Exam coming up and I'm badly stuck for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 the don07

Hi everyone! I'm in the same ship us you guys, stuck wit regulations exam which is in Jan. Could anyone pm me past regulations papers please. Big thanx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kiki1975

Hi,
    I'm due to sit the regulations exam this month, was wondering if anyone had any past papers they could give me.... Can only find one sample paper on iob website which isn't great. Would really appreciate it if someone can help me out!

Exam has changed so doubt sampke papers would be much help. im repeating it too dreading ir!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

hi just looking to see could someone help me out here,
    sitting down to complete the QFA loans & savings exam next week & looking to see could anyone send me on sample papers for this if they have them.

would be great if someone could & whats the exam like

Anybody know if the regulation manuel has changed much since the exam in sept??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

sungem wrote: »
    Hi, i have some regulation papers that i can send on to you, only in paper format though so dont know how i will get them to you......
    Any chance I could also get the regulations paper would be extremely helpful nd much appreciated mod snip of email address

Regards

Mod note: please don't post contact details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Hi all,

I don't mind people asking for past exam papers that are no longer available. Given that there are pay services out there for them I think it's reasonable to try to request them on boards.

However you cannot post personal contact details on thread. Instead please request a PM and sort it out privately.

Thank you.

Advertisement