Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice for kitchen and bathroom

Options
  • 23-05-2019 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

we are moving into a relatives home next month. it needs a lot of upgrading works and wondering where is best to get a new bathroom and kitchen. the kitchen is v small and we may move washer /dryer to a shed which we hope to do up also. has any one used b and q or ikea for designing and kitting out bathrooms and kitchens? we have a small budget so would obviously like the cheapest, but not necessarily the worst:D
    any advaice welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Not sure about kitchen but we just put in a new bathroom we got all our fittings in Bathroom Factory on the Robinhood Road just off the Longmile road.
    They were so much cheaper by a long shot.
    http://www.bathroomfactorystore.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭volchitsa

We designed a kitchen with IKEA for a flat we were doing up for our son, so we wanted it to be nice but not expensive. I found them very good, just maybe a bit standardised if you wanted something higher end. But they give you advice about where to place elements and so on, so you're not just working blind. I can't remember now if other places we much cheaper but I suspect the really cheapest ones wouldn't have that level of advice.

Also, and this was a massive thing in hindsight, it turned out we bought the kitchen but didn't start to put it up for several months, but when we had to change something they were absolutely fine about it, took it back no problem. This was like 6 months later!

My o/h is good with his hands, but putting in a kitchen yourself is no small task, there are always things you miss if you're not a professional, and that's where going for the cheapest may not be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Our best quote for kitchen has been with -snip-. Very reasonable. Still looking for bathroom deals too!

Advertisement