Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop-up locations - underslab

Options
  • 23-05-2019 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi There,
    I'm putting some sleeves in an ICF wall today, and I'd like some advice if possible on the way to go with the plumbing here.

I have a toilet, sink and shower tray in this bathroom, does it make sense to pipe all these straight out the way, or connect them to the toilet run in the centre under the structural slab and only feed one pipe out the wall?

What do you think? Thanks

connections.jpg?raw=1

pipe.jpg?raw=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭magnethead

1 hour to go, would I be able to link the shower and basin to the Toilet and just feed that out the wall, It would mean one penetration in the wall instead of three.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Only thing I would advise is that I would totally avoid any joints possible under the floor.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

ok, all out separate it is, The concrete pour is not happening tomorrow because the pump guy can't turn up, it's being delayed until Tuesday! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I wouldn't be too concerned with abs pipe joints under floor.

But in your layout it makes sense to run out single

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Epr969

I'd run out separate. My house was built 23 years ago and bath, basin and shower run out separate.

I wouldnt even consider making a joint into the toilet waste pipe inside the walls of the house.........

EPR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Separate is best. Waste pipes connected together can be responsible for sewage smell in bathroom.

Sound lads, Separate it is so.... Why would there be more likelihood, for a smell to happen if the pipes were connected inside the bathroom? They all get connected once outside the wall anyway

IMAG2167.jpg?raw=1

Hi Guys,
    the misses wants a hanging toilet in this area, please see the first pic at the top of the page.
    THe builder is talking about keeping the wavin pop-ups very tight to the wall as they come in.

Do you know the distance from the wall for a hanging system like Gerberit, see pic below
    Is there much play in these systems?
    Thanks for any advice

geberit-flushing-system-111.370.00.5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Bring the toilet pipe straight out through the wall above ground level instead

Will suit the floating toilet and be much better/ easier when the pipe gets blocked

I've just put all the holes in the rising walls, I'd like to go with this, but i see what you mean, as it would be much eaaier to service if something goes wrong in the future. I already plan on covering all the external pipework with another 100mm insulation and rendering over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement