Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC wireless Tamper alarm

Options
  • 15-01-2018 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm after getting the first every false alarm from my SW1070 system - after about 3 years!
    One of the wireless sensors triggered a tamper alarm last night. The sensor was secure, properly closed/screwed down. No sign of anyone tampering with it ect...

Why would a wireless sensor give a tamper alarm? Would this indicate a possibly low battery - or low RF level? I checked the log and all it tells me is a tamper alarm. Nothing else.

Also, what does the "Monitor supervisory" do in menu of each wireless device?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Nothing to do with the batteries. Each sensor has two tamper switches so more than likely it's one of those acting up. I'd get your alarm company out to give it a check as tampers can be a real nuisance.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

hamguy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm after getting the first every false alarm from my SW1070 system - after about 3 years!
    One of the wireless sensors triggered a tamper alarm last night. The sensor was secure, properly closed/screwed down. No sign of anyone tampering with it ect...

Why would a wireless sensor give a tamper alarm? Would this indicate a possibly low battery - or low RF level? I checked the log and all it tells me is a tamper alarm. Nothing else.

Also, what does the "Monitor supervisory" do in menu of each wireless device?

Thanks!

Is there any wired devices connected into this wireless device?
    Could be a spring or could be a connection if there's more devices connected to it.
    However at 3 years you will be needing batteries shortly anyway so might be cost effective to get it all looked at together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cloontia

HKC SW-1070 isnt arming it keeps beeping after 30 seconds with fault light illuminated

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And what displays on the screen when you enter your code?

It says 'system unset' and the names of 4 rooms flash up one after the other.

• Advertisement

Are they wireless zones?
    Does it announce anything when you are setting the alarm?
    Does you code give you access to the log in the user menu?

They are not wireless zones as the system is a wired system.
    No, it just says 'system arming' and starts the 30 sec. countdown.
    Sorry I cant answer your 3rd question.

Take a look at the manual here

https://www.hkcsecurity.com/download/19

See can you access the user menu to view the log. This should show you what it's alerting you to.

After I unset it reads 'exit fault'

Does the system allow you to part set?

• Advertisement

no we didn't set it up for part set only full set.

Can you try 0#7 or 0#5 with the front door closed and see if it shows the door open.

We have 8 motion sensors and no sensors on doors or windows. Its saying exit fault and alarm. The outside panel light flashes but no sound. It also says 5 of those zones are open and this includes the kitchen which is the exit zone (30 secs.}

Is there power going to all the motion sensors?

Yes red light shows when entering all rooms. All 8 motion sensors are working.

OK. Just to clarify. With the no one in any of the rooms, and you key in 0#5 it shows multiple zones open?

Yes , after the 30 sec wait the alarm is set off the light flashes on the panel outside but there is no sound from it and when I disarm, the inside panel reads alarm and shows multiple zones open.

and if you press 0#5 all these zones show open?

Sounds like it could be a problem with the zone inputs themselves.
    I'd try a restart of the panel & then I'd close of all the zone inputs on the panel and work from there.

Does a restart mean shutting down the power to the whole system? and then restarting, if so I've done that.

How does one close all the zones-all this is new to me.

Cloontia wrote: »
    Does a restart mean shutting down the power to the whole system? and then restarting, if so I've done that.

How does one close all the zones-all this is new to me.

Disconnect each zone from the panel & replace with a short loop of cable or a staple?
    Do you have engineer access BTW?

• Advertisement

There are 5 wires in the exit motion sensor???? going back to the panel...

Each motion sensor should be wired back to the panel , yes.

5 out of 8 motion sensors are not responding in the walk test even though they light up. panel says they are inhibited how do I include them and turn off the 'inhibited setting. Exit fault has been cleared and fuses have been replaced.

Letting the system go through a set/unset cycle should clear all inhibits.
    The alarm must completely set.

Advertisement