Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone shoot McCarthy !!!!

Options
  • 31-05-2000 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

FFS what a pile of ****e. This latest Irish Team are the biggest bunch of faggots I have ever seen. They couldn't score in a brothel with a fistfull of fifties. I mean we wouldn't have scored if it wasn't for a Scot, Craig Burley.

McCarthy has to go, he is a useless manager. I dispaired when those fukwits in the FAI extended his contract. The only thing he does well is make sealion impressions on the sidelines during the game. Give the job to a manager who has a clue, Joe Kinnear would be an ideal choice imho.

Ugh we still have to play Mexico again in the US in the next few weeks, I reakon they'll take us at least 3-0.

/RANTMODE OFF

Gandalf.

[This message has been edited by gandalf (edited 31-05-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

hup u go

Bloody Q hogging the Sports Board :P

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Agreed, Ireland were abysmal last night. McCarthy must go, give the job to Martin O'Neill, he knows how to get good performances out of a team of underachieving cloggers.

Utterly inept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

It was a fukken disaster all they were dong was puting it out wide crossing it in hoping they got it on robbie or quinns head ffs there was no sign of skill at all playing babb and phealen WTF! do they play football at all? i was supprised he didnt stick on whealen or aldridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

I've been saying this for years now, and it looks like i'll be saying it for a while longer yet .... it's not that i hate the man he was a great player ... just he never knows what formation he willl be playing on the night of the game or during the game !!!

Big Joe for the Job sure .. but why not ask some one with a real football mind .. like me !!!! wink.gif

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

Hmmmm my old dear would do a better job than Big Mac and she hasn't got a clue about football. She likes penalty shootouts thou smile.gif

Gandalf.

[This message has been edited by gandalf (edited 01-06-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

But lads it aint the squad i mean no matter what club your loyal to Keane,Keane,Quinn,Harte,Carr and Kelly are all really quality premiership players.
    People say Roy Keane doesn't preform for Ireland but really why would he bother when Mick Mc Carthy plays the likes of Staunton in midfield..the man said he wants to get to 100 caps for Ireland, hes on 78!

Seriously McCarthy must have his head up his hole he hasn't noticed about 5/6 quality players who would build his squad up even more. He still plays a left sided player on the right and we would probably have seen Cascarino play on Tuesday if he hadn't decided to call it a day after being the man who invented soccer.

McCarthy hasnt qualified for 2 tournaments and both times has said his team are looking forward to playing the tournament in America.

Irish soccer is now stronger than ever and McCarthy cant give us a result at home, ever.

your pal,
    johnor
    weep, itll last long...

Hmm the US just beat South Africa 4-0 !!!!!!

I sense severe beating for the Irish at this tournament. Hopefully the gimps in the FAI will fire McCarthys ass then.

Gandalf.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    ...give the job to Martin O'Neill, he knows how to get good performances out of a team of underachieving cloggers...

Ah please no...getting the best out of underachievers isn't what's needed....ffs you couldn't comfortably look at Leister matches...granted they performed better than their appearance on paper, but I dont think that that is where the problem is with Ireland...

I have, and will continue to refuse to watch Ireland trying to play a shíte version of soccer...spoiling and 'lob it up there to the big gimp at the front' is not what i want to sit in front of my tv to see...

If a new manager gets the job, his first task should be to sweep out 6 or 7 of the old guard and ffs give the young guys a go..McCarthy had that chance when he first arrived but failed ....i mean isnt cascarrrrrhinocerous still playin or something??? ffs he was bet 15 years ago...

zzzz enough drizzle said..

/me is tired

www.licksy.net
    info@licksy.net

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and imagine 2-2 against mexico
    glory days are upon us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

the display against mexico wasn't bad, first half we were all over the shop, but did much better after half time. USA only managed to draw with us with a clearly off-side goal.

the real problem area is center of defense, yer man dunne looked good but breen isn't up to international standards, and as for babb ... gah. considering we were without keane & kinsella in midfield, we did well there, McAteer actaully looked half decent. Up front a combo of Keane & Quinn would be fine, with possibly foley as backup.

McCarthy's problem is that he shows too much loyalty to players. I do think someone else could do a better job than him, but I'd rather see David O Learly getting the job next time round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

You must remember that USA fielded a totally different team in there opening 4-0 win. Hence it can be called a secomnd string team. Of course we all know that there was only like 5 players in the mexican side who acctually played for mexico before, most of them played for Pumas or were sons of rich people in power.(heheh)

Also on the plus side (i can be positive) It is their mid-season and so they may be better conditioned to play now. Anyhow we wont qualify for world cup. Holland and Portugal Greece? is it?

oh well
    johnor

Also: I dont think its the squad, i think its more the manager, if u were to ask anyone who would u have in the squad theres no-one who is there who wouldnt be, even staunton. (abuse)

[This message has been edited by johnor (edited 08-06-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bloefeld

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Wow 18 years between posts must be a record for zombie threads.

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement