Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have womens dress sizes gone up? Dress shop recommendations?

• 28-10-2016 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

I have an event and need a dress for it, im a size 8, I havnt lost any weight but every size 8 dress I tried on was huge, the hips and waist on them where at least size 12 but the chest was small , some of them had like an added pouch at the belly.. like extra material in the area to give more space, they looked liked maternity dresses on me, they weren't maternity dresses and they were size 8, I checked...I tried 4 clothes shops, ordered from Debenhams and Asos and they were all the same, massive for a size 8. They were all formal/wedding guest type dresses none of the shops do size 6 anymore it seems. Can anyone recommend somewhere that does petite sizes for under 100 euro? Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I am pretty sure sizing didn't change overnight. Anyway Hybrid do small sizes and Oasis go down to size six.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Vesper and Closet clothing do size 6 as well. I'm size 8 though and buy size 8 in both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

meeeeh wrote: »
    I am pretty sure sizing didn't change overnight. Anyway Hybrid do small sizes and Oasis go down to size six.

Thanks, I tried Hybrid but theyre over my budget, their delivery is 11 euro, I checked Oasis and they didnt really have anything, im reluctant now to buy online, 3 dresses have been sent back in the last week and ive another ready to return tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Check Spanish, French or Italian brands. I find British and northern European brands a lot more generous in their sizing.

Mango go only down to eight but their sizes are small. They might have something suitable in shops here. Zara maybe but they have eve less wedding type stuff.

House of Fraser is good at the moment for online shopping because the pound is so low. Their returns aren't great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Miss Selfridge go down to size 4, and top shop too I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement