Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Overheal wrote: »
    I wouldn't hang my case on that soundbyte. Remember, all of these fact witnesses can re-appear before the judiciary committee and the impeachment trial

It's important testimony, Overheal. Dismissing it as a soundbyte won't make it any less so.

Multiple times now he has said that Trump never directly told him there were conditions with regards to aid and also that he wanted no QPQs.

You're fooling yourself if you think those comments are not crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,641 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's important testimony, Overheal. Dismissing it as a soundbyte won't make it any less so.

Multiple times now he has said that Trump never directly told him there were conditions with regards to aid and also that he wanted no QPQs.

You're fooling yourself if you think those comments are not crucial.

No doubt, but also relevant is what there was some earlier consensus on: that Sondland is a witness of doubtful reliability.

Exactly :P

But he's the democrats best shot, given they don't have testimony from anyone else that had one one ones with Trump, such as Bolton, Mulveney, Pence or Pompeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Sondland is not a usual ambassador, he's an outside appointee and his priority is saving his ass, not anyone else or serve the country stuff

He has no self awareness. I 100% believe Bolton walked out of that meeting because of him.

Fiona Hill had no time for him either, so be interesting to what she has to say.

• Advertisement

Ken Starr’s hot take today is that this is very bad for Trump and that articles of impeachment are inevitable now.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ken-starr-argues-sondland-testimony-doesnt-look-good-for-trump-there-will-be-articles-of-impeachment/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭volchitsa

He has no self awareness. I 100% believe Bolton walked out of that meeting because of him.

Fiona Hill had no time for him either, so be interesting to what she has to say.

So this swamp then. Turns out it contains lots of competent civil servants, and that the outsiders are the flaky ones.

Except Trump himself, I suppose?

EJ1Prl1WoAMPW9f?format=png&name=small

Ken Starr’s hot take today is that this is very bad for Trump and that articles of impeachment are inevitable now.

Ah come on, we didn't need Ken to tell us there would be articles of impeachment, sure Pelosi was even saying recently there very likely could be articles of impeachment related to the Mueller report.
    "What we're talking about now is taking us into a whole other class of objection to what the president has done. And there may be other — there were 11 obstruction of justice provisions in the Mueller report. Perhaps some of them will be part of this"

They're going try anything given their goal is just to use the impeachment process as a way of dirting up a political opponent.

• Advertisement

Ah come on, we didn't need Ken to tell us there would be articles of impeachment, sure Pelosi was even saying recently there very likely could be articles of impeachment related to the Mueller report.

This is the first, then, that Ken Starr agrees is an impeachable offense!

Like his boss, Rudy would be well advised to stop tweeting and realise that it has long gone past the point of just keeping dirt on the president for insurance.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1197212675853488128?s=19

Recall opening post of this thread

And Now
    "Witness Intimidation Is A Crime"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub6OSlR0aDM

• Registered Users Posts: 21,114 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Jordan is simply playing a game for one, the POTUS.
    Sonlands recall of the 26th July is clearly wrong, if the other person at the table is correct. That seems to be a regular occurence. Sondland has proved to be weak and others have notes and recollections which are better than his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If it were all above board Giuliani wouldn't have been involved. He was there to look after the personal business of Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

If it were all above board Giuliani wouldn't have been involved. He was there to look after the personal business of Trump.

Absolutely. Why was a private lawyer even involved in state business?

Sondlands testimony will lead to impeachment, where he will most likely be pardoned by the senate but at what cost to the republican party?

I still see trump supporters claiming he was interested in rooting out corruption in Ukraine. Sure, a man who ran a scam university gives a toss about corruption in the Ukraine... laughable.

Excellent from Turner there. Sondland is just presuming.

And he's right about Schiff, gave a presser in the break and CNN's header is bullshit.

Indeed, it's a very obvious question but what was a personal lawyer doing in the Ukraine? Only sheer arrogance can suggest that he was bragging about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

EJ1Prl1WoAMPW9f?format=png&name=small
    Zellinsky lol

Does anyone else read Pete's posts in the voice of Saddam's former information minister?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Excellent from Turner there. Sondland is just presuming.

And he's right about Schiff, gave a presser in the break and CNN's header is bullshit.

Honestly,

It's clear to see that trump was trying to extort personal political favours for aid. It's painfully obvious.

You're being willfully blind here.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Does anyone else read Pete's posts in the voice of Saddam's former information minister?

If you want to talk about another user, maybe it's best to use the PM function instead.
    bad2dabone wrote: »
    It's clear to see that trump was trying to extort personal political favours for aid. It's painfully obvious.

You're being willfully blind here.

I'm referring to the evidence and that's what the Senate will be concerned with, not what's "painfully obvious" but yet just based on presumptions and inferences.

I'm sensing that Nunes is angling to become this generations Comical Ali.

I note there is nothing but personal attacks on the republicans from you all, I wonder why.
    Castor: Did the Presdent ever tell you personally about any pre-conditions for anything?

Sondland: No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Impeachment is political. In the end unless Republicans think Trump is a loss leader then they won't impeach him . It Was only when public opinion clearly shifted against nixon. that Republicans moved against him . That has yet to occur with Trump. Impeachment procedures are determined by the Senate. Not a normal criminal trial.

I'm referring to the evidence and that's what the Senate will be concerned with, not what's "painfully obvious" but yet just based on presumptions and inferences.

What gangster says, "listen, I'm going to shake you down"?
    It takes some orange pile to make you feel sorry for the U.S.A.

I note there is nothing but personal attacks on the republicans from you all, I wonder why.

It's a climate created by Trump and his soulless Anti-American lackeys.

• Advertisement

Oh noes the murderer didn’t exhibit his master plot like Goldfinger

Don’t misconstrue his answer with a proof positive exoneration of the President. (Ask Rudy the same question :p) I suspect Giuliani would 5A or try to invoke executive privilege.

Advertisement