Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Dress for v. tall bride

Options
  • 28-08-2019 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm 6'3" (190cm) and getting married in Austria in July 2020. I'm 78Kg so about a size 12.
    I need to find a wedding dress supplier who can cater for my tall frame.
    My budget for the dress is maximum €2000.
    If you can recommend wedding dress styles that are good for a tall frame that would also be very helpful.

Thank you!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Not sure if all wedding dress shops are the same, but i got mine in Wed2B, i'm 5ft 6" but i swear the dress was made for someone about 7ft tall! You could nearly make another dress out of what they cut off it!
    If that is standard, then i'd imagine you'd be fine, they make the very long to cater for all!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

The dress I'm probably getting comes in standard length and tall, I need to try it on in my heels to see which version I need.

Maybe call some dress shops before you visit to see if they have longer dresses? They would be able to advise you on whether they stock them or could order one in, and if they don't it will save you a wasted trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I second calling wedding dress shops as they know the standard lengths that designers do. I know that pronovias do very long dresses as standard. Additionally most designers will do extra lengths. I’m 5’10 and wore 4 inch heels and had no problems getting a dress. Think there was only one dress I liked that wasn’t very long and would have had to be ordered extra long

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

I bought my dress in belladonna bridal in Galway. I purchased on a sample sale and my dress was very long on me and I'm 5ft 9" so I would say you should be find but double check with the shops that you plan on visiting.

Advertisement