Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue recommendations?

Options
  • 18-08-2019 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all,
    After reading some negative reviews online on some places I had in mind, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a venue in the Dublin/Kildare/Meath area? (NOT a country house though as I want a hotel that will accommodate all guests, numbers around 120-140)
    Any advice etc. appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

We had our wedding in Moyvalley, Kildare 2 years ago. We actually didn't use the hotel as our wedding was small so we had it in the house on the grounds however, staff were fantastic and I'd highly recommend it as a venue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Time of year and budget would help. You could be limited by min numbers etc and budget but you've tonnes of options. We did trim castle hotel, it was exceptionally good, they are in the wedding business but so are most hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ainegrainne

Not too fussy on time of year, getting a good hotel is more important.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

In Trim you'll be hard pushed to beat either Trim Castle Hotel or Knightsbrook Hotel, both of which would be able to cater for your guest numbers. Mind you, with only 120-140 guests, the function room in Knightsbrook may be too big for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Station House in Kilmessan. Feels like a country house but will fit your numbers. Staff and food are amazing. Gorgeous grounds for pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭davegilly

Hi all,
    After reading some negative reviews online on some places I had in mind, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a venue in the Dublin/Kildare/Meath area? (NOT a country house though as I want a hotel that will accommodate all guests, numbers around 120-140)
    Any advice etc. appreciated!
    Thanks
    Barberstown Castle, Carton House, The K Club, Celbridge Manor, Cliff At Lyons would be my choices for Kildare, obviously depending on budget. I'm a photographer and have worked at them all and think they are all fab. If I had to choose one then I'd either go for Carton House or Cliff at Lyons. Both are stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Worth noting aside from Celbridge Manor they're all stupendously expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

In Trim you'll be hard pushed to beat either Trim Castle Hotel or Knightsbrook Hotel, both of which would be able to cater for your guest numbers. Mind you, with only 120-140 guests, the function room in Knightsbrook may be too big for you.

Not mad about the lighting in the Knightsbrook. Purple/pink room lighting. Looks like a 70s disco. Every photo i've seen come out of a wedding there is a purple blur.

If you expand to wicklow, i'd highly recommend Tulfarris in Blessington.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 cristali

We had our wedding in Boyne Hill House, Navan. It's a hidden gem with accomodation for guests, ceremony room and the most important, delicious food. Prices per head vary between €80 and €120 as far as I remember, but seriously gorgeous place, especially the tunnel for the bride. We had 100 guests but it fits more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

We got married a few years ago in Johnstown House Hotel (now Estate) in Enfield, and would highly recommend it. Staff were incredible, nothing was an issue and we had plenty of room for our guests to stay, the majority of which were travelling so stayed two nights.

It’s been done up since we got married and is absolutely stunning, I wish I could do it all again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I was at a wedding in the Clanard Court, no idea about the price but the hotel and staff were fab.

Advertisement