Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets prices

Options
  • 27-12-2018 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

They have really bumped their prices up in the last year or two. Used to be able to Get a Classic Burger combo (drink and fries) for just under a tenner. Now it's €13. Just cos Bunsen and the like charge that they think its the price point.

Also, spotted a Vegetarian Burger on the menu, was over €9 just for the burger.

Was always an expensive place but they just ripping people off now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mandown

to be fair 13 euro is a cheap meal for eating out, the family special is also good value 32 for 2 adults 2 kids thats 4 people fed for feck all
    agree with you in general though

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

Rip-off prices aside, the quality has gone downhill recently too in my opinion. I used to be a fan but I won't eat there any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

NCS wrote: »
    Rip-off prices aside, the quality has gone downhill recently too in my opinion. I used to be a fan but I won't eat there any more.

Yep agree on the reduction in quality. New smaller menu too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭893bet

Mandown wrote: »
    to be fair 13 euro is a cheap meal for eating out, the family special is also good value 32 for 2 adults 2 kids thats 4 people fed for feck all

4 people fed for feck all?

You mean 32quid? For a couple of burgers and chips.

Ingredients cost of that is prob around 6 quid at most.

People’s perception of value has changed a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Yes 13 euro isn't the worst but when it's made up of a 30% increase in a relatively short space of time it's a rip off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

893bet wrote: »

What it costs then doesn't come into it, that's business. It's what it costs for 4 people compared to what it costs for 4 people elsewhere that matters. €8 a head isn't bad at all if you're not making it at home yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭893bet

Patww79 wrote: »
    What it costs then doesn't come into it, that's business. It's what it costs for 4 people compared to what it costs for 4 people elsewhere that matters. €8 a head isn't bad at all if you're not making it at home yourself.

It’s a step up presentation wise from supermacs for the same cost of around 8 quid a head.

Nutritional or quality wise. Not so much IMHO.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Meal deal/combo price had been the same for years, with rising employment costs (won't get staff for minimum wage, which has gone up anyway) and the VAT increase from January etc etc

However, their food quality has gone down in my eyes and some branches (Liffey Valley old is the one I'm specifically thinking of here) are very run down. The vans they have are awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

It’s a step up presentation wise from supermacs for the same cost of around 8 quid a head.

Nutritional or quality wise. Not so much IMHO.

You're not going to somewhere like those for high quality or nutrition. Doesn't mean they're not worth going to though, depends on what you (or the kids) want at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,309 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It was 25 a few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yogi37

Patww79 wrote: »

Totally agree on this. Have regularly availed of the family deal in Eddie Rockets. Its barely more expensive than feeding 4 in McDs or Supermacs and is undoubtably a step up. Its rare enough that we find somewhere to feed the 4 of us for less than €50.

you cant expect mcdonald prices with dedicated waiters and 32 is cheap for 2 adults and 2 kids no matter what way you go about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Didn't even know they had a family meal deal! Just looked at their online menu and it's not mentioned either

yeah thats why i said dedicated

jay0109 wrote: »
    Didn't even know they had a family meal deal! Just looked at their online menu and it's not mentioned either

mightnt be in every store but i reckon itll come up on justeat anyway

jay0109 wrote: »

2 red basket sliders and any drink + 2 burgers meals+2 chips and 2 soft drinks for 32. Additional 2 euro if you want a shake

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Their prices have definitely gone up... But I still go there the odd time so I can have a malt milkshake :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

good to know; on my last visit ER in our town looked empty&depressing, the food didn't taste as nice neither - so stopped going to it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If you're with 3 theres always a €10 meal voucher on the 3+ app.

ted1 wrote: »
    2 red basket sliders and any drink + 2 burgers meals+2 chips and 2 soft drinks for 32. Additional 2 euro if you want a shake

Think its any 2 kids meal not just the sliders

• Advertisement

Think its any 2 kids meal not just the sliders

Sorry that what meant. Any red basket

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Thargor wrote: »
    If you're with 3 theres always a €10 meal voucher on the 3+ app.

That offer has now expired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

€9 for an ER burger is just terrible value. The fact this is what they think they can charge shows what a rip off it is. What is even worse is the price of regular fries at €4. 25, sweet potato fries for €5.95 and onion rings for €5.95 - that is outrageous.

A burger, fries and a soda with a euro tip would cost you about €17/18. Scandalous and the reason I have only been in ER once in the last five years. The last time I went with my girlfriend and for the two of us to get a couple burgers, shared fries, a fries dip and a couple of cokes it cost almost €30! It really does seem that ER look at companies they would like to view as competitors but they should be focusing on their product and whether it is a good enough offering.

€9 for an ER burger is just terrible value. The fact this is what they think they can charge shows what a rip off it is. What is even worse is the price of regular fries at €4. 25, sweet potato fries for €5.95 and onion rings for €5.95 - that is outrageous.

A burger, fries and a soda with a euro tip would cost you about €17/18. Scandalous and the reason I have only been in ER once in the last five years. The last time I went with my girlfriend and for the two of us to get a couple burgers, shared fries, a fries dip and a couple of cokes it cost almost €30! It really does seem that ER look at companies they would like to view as competitors but they should be focusing on their product and whether it is a good enough offering.

a burger meal that you describe is 13-14 euro depending on which burger as stated above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

a burger meal that you describe is 13-14 euro depending on which burger as stated above

Soda €2.50, fries €4.25 and burger €9 + €1 tip is €16.75. That's the cheapest you can do an eddie rockets. Make it sweet potatoe fries and/or a milkshake instead of a soda and normal fries and it brings it up another €1.70 - €3.70 so total of €18.50 - €20.45. That's insanely high for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Soda €2.50, fries €4.25 and burger €9 + €1 tip is €16.75. That's the cheapest you can do an eddie rockets. Make it sweet potatoe fries and/or a milkshake instead of a soda and normal fries and it brings it up another €1.70 - €3.70 so total of €18.50 - €20.45. That's insanely high for what it is.

Why tip?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

a: they have meal deals, which is what the post you quoted was pointing out. 5.15 for fries and a drink rather than the 6.95 you're claiming. There's a sweet potato option also
    b: Tipping is not compulsory.

So that certainly isn't "the cheapest"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yes but they do Meal deals- I rarely go there but from memory around €13/4. What you’re describing is an ala carte scenario which is unlikely for most customers.
    McDonald’s etc are €7/8 for a meal of inferior quality and service so Eddies isn’t the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you know the cost of the ingredients is the one of the smallest costs a restaurant faces when serving you. its not really relevant. Do you walk in to chippers and discuss how much a potato costs? how about the cost of sugary syrup when buying a coke in spar?

i have to say the food in eddies disappoints me these days and it does not offer good value.

the family meal deal is the closest they come to a decent price and there are plenty of people on this thread that think 4 people eating eddies vs mcdonalds or supermacs for approx the same price is good because they offer a better eating expereince. that is a fair point. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

L1011 wrote: »
    a: they have meal deals, which is what the post you quoted was pointing out. 5.15 for fries and a drink rather than the 6.95 you're claiming. There's a sweet potato option also
    b: Tipping is not compulsory.

So that certainly isn't "the cheapest"

Last visit I purchased a cheeseburger 8.85, cheese fries 5.15, and tap water. Bill therefore €14 without a real drink. That felt too expensive, ,especially with €1.50 (optional tip) on top making it €15.50. (I'm not going to stiff the staff)

Now I realise I could have said cheeseburger 8.85 and combo 5.15 and cheese sauce 95c - €14.95 with a fizzy drink, making it €16.50 with tip . Still very expensive but at least better value than above.

Biggest nuisance for me is that their "little hamburger basket" for 8.95 is the only alternative to the €15. Many is the time I don't want to spend €15 but want more than the small hamburger.

They are really missing a meal option priced around the €11.95.

Here's the menu for those of you that want to consider all this further :)

http://www.eddierockets.ie/menu-view/Eddie-Rockets-Menu.pdf

Advertisement