Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society-Mitchelstown-June 16th-11:00am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Just accepted on teamer. First boards outing in nearly 2 years looking forward to catching up with everyone again and playing some golf!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭a post punk

Just accepted on teamer. First boards outing in nearly 2 years looking forward to catching up with everyone again and playing some golf!
    Nice 1 ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Just accepted there on teamer

woodyg wrote: »
    Just accepted there on teamer
    Good man

Timesheet here lads,i just have 1 favour to ask as regards to signing in when people arrive.I have been running to tee off the last few outings with lads running late etc....so if ye could just sign in first and sort ye're gear out then it will give me time to pay the golf club and get sorted before teeing off.Thanks lads.
    11:00am-Benny79-Jarietta-Recycled
    11:08am-Doublecross-Mike Murphy-Woody g
    11:16am-Offalymedic-Break80-Kiers47
    11:24am-A Post Punk-Davo19-Charlie IRL

There is free tea and coffee if ye have time before tee off.We are playing off the whites as there are no green tee markers out.I am thinking Nearest the pin on 9 and longest drive on 18.
    Cheers Lads
    PP
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

I am thinking Nearest the pin on 9 and longest drive on 18.
    Cheers Lads
    PP

I personally wouldn't have longest drive on 18 as the camber on the fairway would make it a bit unfair. The 4th or 5th would be better. Just my tuppence-worth

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I personally wouldn't have longest drive on 18 as the camber on the fairway would make it a bit unfair. The 4th or 5th would be better. Just my tuppence-worth

Are ya coming down for the round? Didn't you do well last time you played there?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Are ya coming down for the round? Didn't you do well last time you played there?!!!!

I did indeed, not playing much at the moment

Won't make it I'm afraid..........busy busy!!!!!

That's a pity.

I am thinking Nearest the pin on 9 and longest drive on 18.
    Cheers Lads
    PP

The only problem with 4 and 5 is you can’t see the good drive roll out from the tee.....

• Advertisement

The only problem with 4 and 5 is you can’t see the good drive roll out from the tee.....

I’d go with what you think PP, you’re the member there so know it best. It won’t be a problem with anyone who’s playing.

We all out for the enjoyment of the course and the company.

Is there a practice\driving range?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No. Just a putting green

There is a practice area where you use your own golf balls and a practice green to chip or hit into close to the practice green.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭ballyk

Enjoy tomorrow everyone. Sorry I'm missing it. Also welcome back to the fold OffalyMedic.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

benny79 wrote: »
    Id collect you from Athy not much help I know.. but a option...

Thanks Benny79, I think I am going to go straight from Bray, it will be a tad longer and have to get there early too! Playing together, great fun! See you there

Looking forward to welcoming ye to my home course , hopefully the weather is as good as the last few outings to play an enjoyable round!! I’m predicting Charlie tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭benny79

Looking forward to welcoming ye to my home course , hopefully the weather is as good as the last few outings to play an enjoyable round!! I’m predicting Charlie tomorrow:)

Really... Hope to prove you wrong

Really... Hope to prove you wrong
    Best of luck:)

No way for me tomorrow, too many changes to my swing.

Just looking forward to getting out playing and not practicing

• Advertisement

Funny sounds very similar to what Tiger says before he shoots the lights out ;)

Funny sounds very similar to what Tiger says before he shoots the lights out ;)

Only lights I’ll shoot out is if I hit a car in the car park and that’s quite possible. !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Lads, heads up, running a few minutes late.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Only lights I’ll shoot out is if I hit a car in the car park and that’s quite possible. !!!

Just make sure its not mine 😂

Thanks for making the journey lads, glad ye enjoyed the course.greens were in good condition in fairness I couldn’t get the tempo myself......
    1st-double cross 37 points
    2nd- kiers47 36 points
    3rd-charlieIRL 27 points
    Nearest the pin- double cross
    Longest drive- offalymedic
    2’s -double cross
    Great shooting today Doublecross, serious golf !!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Thanks for organising and hosting in your home club. I really enjoyed the course, missed playing the 2 most beautiful holes because of lost balls :( Very nice round in company of Benny79, he will be winning some more this year when his short game is in order.

Cannot play until the Captains' in September though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Good craic with Woody and Mike on Saturday. The boys didn't get it going on Saturday, just one of those days for them. The course was in good condition, especially the greens. I was glad to have Mike give us the line on a lot of the tee's because I would have been in trouble otherwise, a few right angle doglegs.
    I'd my best round of the year, I got off to a average start but caught fire on the back 9. Made a few change to my drive/putter setup and swing a month ago and it's starting to pay off.
    Great drive by OffalyMedic on 18, I thought Mike was going to get it. Not sure how OffalyM ball stayed on that slope.
    Thanks PostPunk for organising Mitchelstown, really enjoyable course. Some of the best courses I've played on Boards have been the smaller (non resort) courses. Also one of the faster rounds again at just over 4 hours, big improvement this year. Long may it continue.

Many thanks for organising another course that i feel doesn't get enough credit, not the hardest off the tee but some very tricky greens that you definitely need to approach from the correct angle. Played it 5 years ago and was looking forward to going back. I think the address as Cork put some people off travelling but its not that long a spin at all as its at the very north of the county and definitely worth it. Many thanks to the company of this years Captain, a gentleman as always and an ever improving golfer. If a few more of his putts dropped then he would have been a serious contender. i haven't played a round with him for a while but have see his game is really coming together, excellent work. Also many thanks to Davo19, what a serious driver of the ball, another day and he would have had a massive score coming in.

Unfortunately some personal issues off the course meant I was heading out with an already fried head and with my new setup and swing, i was slow off the mark and the frustration hit me straight away.

Decent drive on the first only for my new shot - the "45degree right of target shot" to come into play early meant I was struggling to get the ball to the green, got there in the end and putted for a point.
    Second hole, drove into trouble, took my medicine and chipped backwards onto the fairway and bang, mis-hit to the right again and under trees and couldn't get out from behind them, scratch.
    Next par 3, decent strike but left and after a good few sessions of chipping practice, bladed one onto the green!! Took 3 putts to get down :(
    Great drive on the next and guess what happened next? Yupp, off to the right and into the trees, had to chip back to fairway and took 3 to cross the river and get in the hole, another double!
    Then something clicked, apologies to the lads but I took an extra bit of time over my second shots, ran through my drills i was told in my lessons and hey presto - decent golf. Played 6 of the next 7 holes in 3 over. I have to admit I lost my head on the 8th hole, frustration from the previous week and trying to play sensible golf boiled over to a moment of madness. Apologies to anyone who witnessed it.
    Made a bit of a mess of the 13th, 14th and 15th but tap in bogie on 16 & par on 17 made up a bit - i missed a 3 footer for par on 16.
    Absolute bombed the drive on 18 but unfortunately straight left, I even cleared the high trees, lost ball. Reckon its down on the first fairway but thankfully parred the second ball for a point.
    A round of two halves, half absolute muck because of wayward second shots and half very decent with some good ball striking. Get this ironed out and hopefully can kick on from here.

Apologies I forgot to mention Doublecross's round, well done, fantastic score. Stuff dreams are made of for the rest of us!

• Advertisement

was a pleasure to follow doublecross around as he shot the lights out of it on that back 9! 2 over on that course is mighty impressive and -1 under on that back 9 was quality to watch.

Echo about the greens being in top nick.
    mixed bag for me with 3 scratches on Par 3's :o
    decent enough score with the birdie on the par 5 6th.
    scratching the opening 2 holes was awful mind, need to leave the driver in the bag on those opening holes.

cheers for the hospitality a Post Punk

Advertisement