Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage negotiation

Options
  • 02-04-2015 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hello,

Got a mortgage pre-approved by my bank 3 months ago. Got a sale agreed yesterday on a property 20% cheaper the the amount pre-approved.
    I am a first time buyer.
    Now that I got the property i wonder if its possible to get any type of improvement of the mortgage offer. After all they give me one option but i figure it must be possible to improve the financial conditions of the purchase.

would you recommend this or not and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

From a non financial expert.

If the LTV has improved on your purchase significantly then I'm sure there's be potential for better rates.

At the same time, the re-application process with bank or trying another bank might drag on a while and then maybe do you risk losing the property?

If it were me and the LTV was looking a lot better then I'd be trying to sort out a better mortgage as you'll be paying it off for long enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Miamiheat

Thanks for quick reply: I think that the process could take some time but if I got through to an efficient broker the same broker should be able to tell me right away if they can get an improvement or not => knowing that I already have a yes from my bank would basically mean that if they cant improve they would be wasting their time so not point in them making false promises.
    Does that make sense?
    Could anyone recommend a fast/efficient broker in Dublin I would also appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Miamiheat wrote: »
    Hello,

Got a mortgage pre-approved by my bank 3 months ago. Got a sale agreed yesterday on a property 20% cheaper the the amount pre-approved.
    I am a first time buyer.
    Now that I got the property i wonder if its possible to get any type of improvement of the mortgage offer. After all they give me one option but i figure it must be possible to improve the financial conditions of the purchase.

would you recommend this or not and why?

By an improved offer do you mean going from say 90% LTV to 80% and getting better rates? If so, then yes, you are able to do this. I did the same thing recently.

yep that's what i meant. Thanks
    would you recommend the broker if Dublin based? by PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Just talk to killers on here. Loads of satisfied clients from what I gather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

murphaph wrote: »

Thanks i sent him a PM

Advertisement