Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Wall

Options
  • 20-09-2019 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I've only just moved in to my house a few weeks, so still don't really know the neighbours all that well. I've a semi detached house and a wall separates our back yard from the neighbours. My neighbour put his head over the wall and asked me how I'd feel about him knocking down the wall and rebuilding it, as some of the wall is in a bad way. I had a chat with my missus and I don't know what to do as I don't want any aggro with new neighbours, but at the same time I've no problem him getting someone to do it if it's built to spec and built to the height of the existing wall. If it's built lower then we lose our privacy. And I don't want to pay for it as it's an extra expense that we never budgeted for. Any help or suggestions on this would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Tell your neighbour exactly what you just said here.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JSheridan81

xabi wrote: »
    Tell your neighbour exactly what you just said here.
    Thinking of just getting something drawn up in a solicitors that state wall to be built to same height

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Thinking of just getting something drawn up in a solicitors that state wall to be built to same height

I wouldn’t do that if you want to remain friendly, have a chat with him first, I’m sure he will be accommodating.

xabi wrote: »
    I wouldn’t do that if you want to remain friendly, have a chat with him first, I’m sure he will be accommodating.
    thanks for the advice

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

just say... thanks that would be great... can you make sure its min 1.8 m high as the missus likes to sun bath naked on fine days.

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    just say... thanks that would be great... can you make sure its min 1.8 m high as the missus likes to sun bath naked on fine days.

I think I'll tell him I like to sunbath naked, he'll definitely build it up then

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Max height is 2m without planning.
    It’s a boundary wall not a party wall.

Just chat to him.

Advertisement