Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning, drawings not to recognised scale

• 17-09-2019 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone any experience of this.

Neighbour submitted planning application for a 2 storey house in an urban location, backland development.
    Neighbours house and ours are semi detached single storey.
    5 objections/observations made.
    Planning granted, no request for further information.
    Pointed out to planning authority that there was no tmb on site layout plan or reference to ordnance survey data.
    2 levels on site layout plan, 1 at entrance the other along driveway, none to indicate floor levels.
    Drawings submitted for planning not in accordance with planning regulations articles 22/23, not to a recognised scale. Recognised scale noted on drawings. I had to increase one drawing by 108% as I wanted to overlay my 1/200 section over a planning drawing.

The decision of the planning authority was based on innacurate information.
    The application should have been invalidated in the first place?
    Decision appealed to ABP, awaiting decision.

What will ABP do.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,032 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

APB will either uphold or reverse the planning decision. If you disagree with them the you go to court.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Once they make it through validation, nothing you can do now.
    How did you scale the drawings? From the online system or in person at the public counter.

Depending on the council, levels may not be required. It’s not a requirement in Dublin city, as dimensions will suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

kceire wrote: »
    Once they make it through validation, nothing you can do now.
    How did you scale the drawings? From the online system or in person at the public counter.

Depending on the council, levels may not be required. It’s not a requirement in Dublin city, as dimensions will suffice.

I scaled in person at public counter.

LA validation checklist ticked that level or contours of the land and the proposed structures relative to ordnance survey data or a temp local benchmark were provided.
    It is alsp a requirement of the planning and development regs 2001, articles 22 & 23.
    My understanding is that floor levels must be indicated on site layout and floor plans relative to a tbm or os data.

In the absence of levels relative to a tbm or os data I cannot relate accurately the height of the proposed development to our family home.

How can Local Authority maintain control of development either?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Is proposed floor level matching existing ?

• Advertisement

Site slopes down from front to back almost 1M.

I had levels taken through our site to relate our house as best i could to proposed development. ( included in objection)

The proposed development, a 2 storey house to the rear of an existing semi- detached dwelling.

No not matching.

I queried height of existing house also.

The ridge of ours (house a) is 5175 above floor level.
    Ground 290 lower at front, 600 at back.

Agent states that existing house ( house b) is 6750 high..

House a and b are semi detached with same ridge and floor levels.

Planning report stated that house b was c. 6m high (no reference to what it is 6m high from)

I thought that heights were measured from ground floor level?

Google circa - as near as dammit

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Was the application submitted online by the applicants?

Could simply be a printing of hard copy of drawing issue?
    bryaj wrote: »
    I thought that heights were measured from ground floor level?

For planning applications, external heights, to elevations, are generally indicated from external/general ground level.

I scaled in person at public counter.

LA validation checklist ticked that level or contours of the land and the proposed structures relative to ordnance survey data or a temp local benchmark were provided.
    It is alsp a requirement of the planning and development regs 2001, articles 22 & 23.
    My understanding is that floor levels must be indicated on site layout and floor plans relative to a tbm or os data.
    Article 23(1)(c) Retain temporary local benchmark but add "whichever is most appropriate"

This allows the LA to accept TBM or dimensions from adjacent ground level in my opinion.

Not an online application.

Agent may have set their printer set to 'fit page'?

Photocopier in planning authority printing at 100% checked that in their office.

So drawings while anotated to be to a scale of 1:100 or 1: 200 are to a scale of 1:192 or 1 : 212 or somewhere in between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,463 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

While the poorly scaled drawings are very poor work,
    Its u likely to have made a difference in how the development was viewed by planning authority or the decision they made.
    Did you make an observation during the aoplication?

• Advertisement

Yes made observation, now appeaked to ABP

Not an online application.

Agent may have set their printer set to 'fit page'?

Photocopier in planning authority printing at 100% checked that in their office.

So drawings while anotated to be to a scale of 1:100 or 1: 200 are to a scale of 1:192 or 1 : 212 or somewhere in between.

Yes, possible mistake on printing which should have been picked up by the Drawing Office on Validation.

Once Validated, they cant do anything though. Can only be invalidated on a site issue.

Just let your appear go through now. If the decision was made on sound planning choices, then the Board will see that.

Advertisement