Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

Hococop wrote: »
    Fournette seems injury prone, I know ajayi will be back so maybe having both along with sproles to spread the ball would be good ( blount, ajayi and Clement)

Blount is in Detroit and Sproles has retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I know that just meant it would be similar to the Superbowl win

When did sproles retire? Feck thought he would stay one more year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hey guys havent posted here in a long time, what do ye make of DJax returning, i must admit, im delighted, always felt it was a big mistake trading him and while obviously maybe not the player he was at 32, still feel he'll be a good signing for next season

Hey guys havent posted here in a long time, what do ye make of DJax returning, i must admit, im delighted, always felt it was a big mistake trading him and while obviously maybe not the player he was at 32, still feel he'll be a good signing for next season

Delighted! He should never have left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not delighted but not disliking it either. I'll see what his attitude is first.

Any thoughts on a new RB? Ingram has gone to the Ravens and with our salary cap seems like the draft is our only option?

Payed djax more than I would have liked to he seems like a better version of the Tory smith - Mike Wallace role so that should go well

With regards rb most players I liked are off the board at this stage. Maby ajayi on a 1 year deal or someone in the draft? I heard duke Johnson could be available now due to the depth at rb in the browns

Yeah if he was available, i like Duke Johnson, good pass catcher and can get yards on the ground, could be very good i think behind our O Line

Duke Johnson would be welcome, Since they havent sorted Golden Tate by now I feel he will end up leaving. Would like to keep him, dont think we used him enough last year.

• Advertisement

So how are we feeling about the look of the squad lads?

Feel like we have a good team overall, just worried about the few injuries even if reports they will be there for week 1, seeing what happened luck has me worried for Wentz a small bit

Feel like we have a good team overall, just worried about the few injuries even if reports they will be there for week 1, seeing what happened luck has me worried for Wentz a small bit

Ya I'm similar with wentz the back issue last season in particular would be concerning. Having said that on paper this is maby our best offence I have seen if wentz stays healthy

Confident enough and given the giants, redskins, and the cowboys have their issues of varying type off the field whereas the eagles seem to be good in that regard. Brandon brooks seems to be getting there but if Carson wentz goes down again for the back or something else, then we don't have nick foles anymore as our "in emergency break glass" break glass QB any more, and then I'd be worried.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Confident enough and given the giants, redskins, and the cowboys have their issues of varying type off the field whereas the eagles seem to be good in that regard. Brandon brooks seems to be getting there but if Carson wentz goes down again for the back or something else, then we don't have nick foles anymore as our "in emergency break glass" break glass QB any more, and then I'd be worried.

Mccown is competent at least Clayton thornson looked real bad in the first game like all time bad

Overall pretty pleased, keeping tate would have been a waste given he is now suspended for 4 games. Having our back up QBs get injured was very worrying so if Wentz stays healthy we should be in for a good season.

Not too worried about the division at present. If Zeke sits for the season I expect Dak to struggle against some of the better teams.

Playoffs for sure!

Mccown is competent at least Clayton thornson looked real bad in the first game like all time bad
    He is but he was retired and it's going to take a bit of time for him if not to learn the play book, but to get himself up to game shape. I think Cody Kessler was worse. Thornson looked somewhat okay in game 2. Taking away the concussion he got, during the preseason even with the 1s he's looked like he's lost.

Jason mailata the young Australian they signed last year is coming on very well and this preseason he's gotten some serious game time which he needs.

Hey lads, yeah happy enough with the squad, but QB is a concern if Wentz gets injured again, delighted DJax is back, and now i just read the Bills released Shady.....

Shady gone to Kansas, $3 million at least it's not the NFC and happy he is back with andy

Very much not liking that everyone is ranking our roster so highly

• Advertisement

Very much not liking that everyone is ranking our roster so highly

Well it’s the old on paper stuff nerd. On paper the team is a good roster.

And yes I know the saying about paper and things on it.

Watched the highlights there, disappointed but if I was to take a positive it's playing a close game missing nearly all our main receivers (goddert, Jeffery, jackson and Clement)

Watched the highlights there, disappointed but if I was to take a positive it's playing a close game missing nearly all our main receivers (goddert, Jeffery, jackson and Clement)
    my thoughts exactly, also Seumalo struggled all game. Do we have a replacement?

Very annoying loss to the lions yesterday.

We can't catch the ****ing ball clearly. We had so many drops yesterday and easy balls that for a TE like Dallas goedart it was criminal that pass he dropped. NA Should not be back in phillly next year. Carson wentz shouldn't take the blame for the loss yesterday like some are doing but he still yesterday didn't throw to open receivers down the stretch. He either doesn't see them open or goes for guy that's covered. Miles sanders after a shaky start did okay. We are predictable and the lions covered zach ertz and it was said on commentary "who else is there ?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Wow, hasn't been a post here for a while. So, let's look at this season. I've never seen a team as decimated as we have been injury wise in key areas. DJ was our deep threat, was a beast against the Redskins. Haven't had him. Our Corner backs were decimated for most of the season and cost us dearly. Our D in general has been banged up for the first half.

Last few weeks, it's been the offense, particularly the receiving unit, that has been banged up. Hardly any main starters against both the Patriots and Seahawks and we still made those games competitive (mainly due to our D and also the fact our cornerbacks are all healthy so don't have to play the entire game). If the Cowboys, for as vaulted as they are as a team, actually were anyway decent, they'd have put this division to bed. They have begun their 4 hard games in a row before their effective bye against the Deadskins while we begin our easy 3 game streak before meeting them week 16. We could be 8-8 and still win the division.

I've got the Cowboys being sunk by the Bears and Rams, which puts them 6-8 (even though the Bears are glob awful offensively, Dak has already shown he gives INTs to good D, and the Rams are too good in the air for that Dallas D). We will beat the Dolphins and Deadskins and should beat the Giants, putting us at 8-6. Still probably need to beat the Cowboys to ensure our place in the play-offs and then another win against the Giants. So, 10-6 is still there, which is mental. But I think the Cowboys beat us if DJ isn't back and meaning we have to win the other 4 to go 9-7 and clinch the division.

This teams ****ed

Absolute joke, Groh need to go as I think he is screwing up Wentz, Schwartz threading on ice aswell

Absolute joke, Groh need to go as I think he is screwing up Wentz, Schwartz threading on ice aswell

Groh has needed to go for done time now I was annoyed he got this year they ain't cutting him mid season

• Advertisement

Well that was ****ing depressing to watch. I normally will rewatch the eagles games on game pass during the week but I think I’ll give this one a skip. It was like having an operation in the full of your senses without anaesthetic. I actually don’t know what to say lads but in the off season there needs to a serious look at the coaching staff call a spade a spade, because it’s not bloody working.

Well that was ****ing depressing to watch. I normally will rewatch the eagles games on game pass during the week but I think I’ll give this one a skip. It was like having an operation in the full of your senses without anaesthetic. I actually don’t know what to say lads but in the off season there needs to a serious look at the coaching staff call a spade a spade, because it’s not bloody working.

Tbh I'd fire all the coaching staff, I can't Stand Josh McDaniels, screwed the colts over which meant Reich left us (Wentz was on fire with him) Groh might be solid back as wr coach but I'd sooner see him gone, Doug for some Reason constantly abandons the run game even when it works,

Where we need to rebuild

Wr ( alshon and Nelson are obvious) alshon seems to have an issue with Wentz and Nelson just too inconsistent, de Sean just too much of a cap hit to cut but I get the feeling more injuries for him next season, Mack hollins seems to be constantly running plays but no targets with is ridiculous, also is Corey Clement injured or just not performing

Cb and secondary ( I love Jenkins but I think we have to abandon sentimentality and do a bill belichick on it and let him walk)
    need better than Darby and Mills ( maybe Schwartz has good plays but not the pieces)

Possibly a center, kelce signed a new deal before the season I know but gone in two years so maybe worth look at the draft

Ya need investment in the recieving corp and cornerbacks. It but I worry that this may not be possible with the money Jeffery and sesean have I still like Jeffery when he's healthy but that seems less and less common. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at recievers in the draft by all.accpunts it's a very good year for them

Can't help but feel a bit better after the clowney hit yesterday but with the Injurys we ended up doing well to make the playoffs. I'm.a bit concerned that the coaching staff dropped the likes of Greg ward something like 9 times while keeping agholor and resigning matthews a few times.

Boston scott and miles Sanders look like a very good running back corp going forward I'd like a power back also but I suspect Howard will be to expensive

Ertz/ godert look to be a serious tight end combo godert took a real step up to end the year I hope his and ertz drops to start the year where a once off.

Lot of free agents leaving this year but some of them where probably going anyway.

Think we need to invest basically everywhere on d during the off-season

Iv seen that Malcom Jenkins has already said he won't be playing on his current deal next year I don't know of we can afford to lose him.but it bugs me when guys don't play out their contract and he is getting on now so I don't know if we can invest big money in him

Edit: can't help feeling a bit bitter not a bit better

Bit better ?

Bit better ?

Should be bitter autocorrect kills me

• Advertisement

Groh finally gone

Groh finally gone

Good, need a good oc to help wentz, losing Reich that time killed his progress

I think an offense rebuild is required. Obviously from the end of season run some of the back up players have potential but our starters need to be reevaluated. Now with Sproles, Ajayi gone we should promote Boston to the starting team. We have two good tight ends but WR needs complete overhaul. Getting rid of the coach was a good first step but I dont think we can rely on Alshon, Jackson & Agalohor for a full 16 game season.

Well that was a load of ****e today wasn’t it. We had the serious issues with the O line(and there were) and only for our TEs we’d have had 3 points today so at least our two TEs stepped up

Issues

- O line obviously and I wouldn’t put too much blame on Driscoll and Mailata(who didn’t do badly given it was his first game) but Lane Johnson needs to Come back and it needs to be next week. Herbig ? Yeah he’s big but he was useless.
    -Carson Wentz. Fair enough his protection was poor today but those two INTs were on him and he started chucking the ball around at the end of the first half which I didn’t think was needed. I’ll never understand his tendency to hold onto the ball for the time he does when it’s clear putting the ball into stands is the best course of action. Not every broken play can be salvaged.

Fairly damning loss yesterday. The injury issues really need to be looked at at this point we seem to be up there with the worst teams for injuries year after year since before the Superbowl at this point I'm aware that medical staff have changed in that time but perhaps there is something to the way we are training it hard to believe in coincidence at this point.

Don't blame Wentz towards the end as some others do with sub 2 second pass rushes it's hard to do much he wasn't even completing his dropbacks at pointshowever he had some bad overthrows

The oline is essentially ****ed when jp inevitably goes down and we can afford to sign anyone because of out cap situation next year.

• Advertisement

Right well again the eagles lost and at this stage the owners will have to make some big changes in the off season at the latest.

-Carson Wentz is becoming a liability to the team. Twice yesterday he had receivers open down the field and he held the ball that lead to a turnover and a safety. Yes, the Oline is not good but how can it be when it’s not the same one at any time so far this season, but even still Carson needs to get the ball out of his hands when it’s there.

- speaking of the Oline Jason Peters needs to be benched, and Jordan mailata needs to play. I love Jason peters as a player for this team but it’s over. Also lane Johnson went off injured yesterday again so that’s another issue. And Jason kelce cursed the medical staff out and had a brace put on his elbow and he came back in which is great.

- Doug Pederson will always have a special place in eagles history but I’d be asking whether he’s a part of the problem. His play calling is so one dimensional and ****e.

-Travis fulghum needs to get more targets not Jeffrey.

- running backs are okay but need to work on the fumbles.

So in summary the team is a mess mostly and something or someone needs to change.

Wentz has been so poor, he need a to be benched, it could clear his head and also show regardless of contract poor play will not be rewarded, hurts should be given a run, if he is poor it can take heat of wentz

Doug needs to go and I hate saying that, his play calling has been poor (hated him constantaly going for 2) and he just seems to not bother with running even when effective, shows how much Reich is missed

I see the main headline of the Philadelphia eagles website is that they are “staying the course.” I get there’s a level of positive spin all teams put out during bad runs but come on, this isn’t the time for carrying on regardless. We can’t see us beating the packers or many or few of the next few games so if the recent plan isn’t working I can’t see how sticking to it against far better teams in this stretch of the season will work out any better.

I see the main headline of the Philadelphia eagles website is that they are “staying the course.” I get there’s a level of positive spin all teams put out during bad runs but come on, this isn’t the time for carrying on regardless. We can’t see us beating the packers or many or few of the next few games so if the recent plan isn’t working I can’t see how sticking to it against far better teams in this stretch of the season will work out any better.

Lurie tends to stand by guys and it's served us well for the most part. This team needs a rebuild at this point thebo-line has by some miracle been ok we have 3 good tackles and some good guards but kelce won't be there forever a replacement will have to be found. The recievers are a mystery tbh we actually have decent talent there and te and rb. Wentz has been a disast this year he's essentially blake bortles at this point I'm unsure what happened or how he's fallen off so badly but I think he needs to be benched for a bit to get his head right playing through has not worked for him.i think the offence has e ought young talent to get right by next year

My fear is the defence is now ageing cox has not been the same this year and when he dropped off that was always going to be problematic derrick barnett looks like a bust for where he was picked, graham is also ageing and hargrave has been a huge disappointment

I have no idea what's up with Wentz but we have so much money comited we have to stick with him the rest of the offence has talent to do something.

Given our cap next year I see desean , alshon and quite a few players from the defence leaving and a new d being built. I don't know if schwartz should be in charge of that to be honest.

I also think making the playoffs this year would do us no favours. There's some serious talent the top of this draft and a blowout loss in the wildcard does nobody any favours. I hate saying that but it is what it is

Anyone getting grief off of giants fan buddies this morning even though they won 6 games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Anyone getting grief off of giants fan buddies this morning even though they won 6 games

Giants fans don't really have a leg to stand on to complain given their record but that doesn't make what Pederson did any better. Glad that he is rightfully getting called out for it.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Giants fans don't really have a leg to stand on to complain given their record but that doesn't make what Pederson did any better. Glad that he is rightfully getting called out for it.

6 wins is mental.

What doug did has been done every year by teams the only reason it's being blown up now is new York media

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

6 wins is mental.

What doug did has been done every year by teams the only reason it's being blown up now is new York media

Quite a big difference between resting players for the playoffs or even season long tanking and what we saw last night.

What Doug did was much closer to match fixing - his team looking like they had a chance to win and him doing what he could to ensure they weren't successful.

Not sure how he can stand in front of players and ask them to make sacrifices in order to win when he can make a 'business decision' when it suits him. Usual 'do what i say, not as i do'

Quite a big difference between resting players for the playoffs or even season long tanking and what we saw last night.

What Doug did was much closer to match fixing - his team looking like they had a chance to win and him doing what he could to ensure they weren't successful.

Not sure how he can stand in front of players and ask them to make sacrifices in order to win when he can make a 'business decision' when it suits him. Usual 'do what i say, not as i do'

Your right it's far less agregous than a season long tank. Pull players to ensure they don't get hurt. Of the giants wanted the playoffs they should won more than 6 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

6 wins is mental.

It's not an either or for me.

The nature of how he went about it is what sticks in the craw for most. The 4th down decision when they could have taken the FG to equalise was such a pisser.

It'll all blow over anyway, but for now...

Fúck Giants fans though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement