Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
21-01-2020, 23:21   #1
Grizzly 45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,047
Heads up! modern day Reenactors in trouble??

It seems the EU gun ban is kicking in already with the modern day re enactors here who have converted blank firing former full auto firearms.

One of my spies informs me that some lads who are into re enactment have been refused their liscenses for such guns as they are definately now a no no under the EU directive,because of their full auto function,and have been interviewed by their respective Supers/cheifs on this.
Can anyone confirm this?

I hate to engage in "Shaden Freude" but I did see this one coming too here in Ireland.I'll expect the paintballers and the movie/TV armourers along soon too with the same complaint,and proably the airsofters in awhile .
Grizzly 45 is offline  
Advertisement
22-01-2020, 00:49   #2
Brontosaurus
Registered User
 
Brontosaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 372
I wonder how many crimes were ever committed with blank-firing firearms reconverted into firearms....

They better get on to banning commonly available materials, lathes, drill presses, milling machines and 3d printers while they're at it.
Brontosaurus is offline  
(3) thanks from:
22-01-2020, 12:28   #3
Grizzly 45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,047
Er...Charlie Hebdo,and the Paris massacres... Shoddily deacted Czech and Serb rifles that had been converted illegally to live fire again. A whole slew of reacted Deacts in the UK,and even here in Ireland
Not that the EU gets a free pass on this.They had changed the legislation seven years before either atrocities,but sat on it until this happened.We are now paying the consequences of this.
Grizzly 45 is offline  
22-01-2020, 13:19   #4
meathstevie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly 45 View Post
Er...Charlie Hebdo,and the Paris massacres... Shoddily deacted Czech and Serb rifles that had been converted illegally to live fire again. A whole slew of reacted Deacts in the UK,and even here in Ireland
Not that the EU gets a free pass on this.They had changed the legislation seven years before either atrocities,but sat on it until this happened.We are now paying the consequences of this.
Grizzly I think you’re firmly drifting into the realms of criminal arms trafficking there. As per usual it’s been illegal since Jaysus was a boy but nothing much was really done about it until the **** hit the fan in a spectacular way.

As per usual the politicians drafted a pile of bad knee jerk legislation that affects the law abiding more than anyone else while what was needed was resourcing law enforcement to use existing legislation.
meathstevie is offline  
22-01-2020, 13:44   #5
Grizzly 45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,047
They SAT on it for seven years in Brussells MS! And in a cynical move that Dermot Aherne himself would have been proud of that Swedish GREEN Socialist Cecila Malestrom,having been told by the EU shooters and gun owners 12 months before to FO right quick with her proposed gun and LEAD ban.Pulled out this POS and started adding to it, not even before the bodies were cold or buried.
Yes it is ilegal to reconvert,and its illegal to traffic arms.But in this case the facts are against us!Deacts have been reacted and were used in Paris,the UK and here in Ireland too.And now we are paying the price for criminal misuse...Again!
Grizzly 45 is offline  
Advertisement
22-01-2020, 16:24   #6
Brontosaurus
Registered User
 
Brontosaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 372
Ah I see, was under the impression they got the real things from the Balkans.

Would be entirely reasonable to require deacts to have permanently blocked barrels, thought most did anyway.
Brontosaurus is offline  
22-01-2020, 21:57   #7
Grizzly 45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurus View Post
Ah I see, was under the impression they got the real things from the Balkans.

Would be entirely reasonable to require deacts to have permanently blocked barrels, thought most did anyway.
They do as well,and from Kaliningrad and now from Turkey and Algeria,with blank firing pistols that are specifically desigened to be easily converted to fire live ammo.:(Simple fact is,criminals will use anything that goes Bang! They arent' brand shoppers... Is it cheap,does it throw lead downrange?Is it clean and disposable? Thats all they want to know.
Yes the do require to be permantly pinned and bocked by welding up the chamber and drilling 7 holes of no less than 1/3rd the bore dia in the barrel. The CZ guns didnt.lAl they had done was the chamber and the barrel to be pinned at the time.About 10 mins to re activate in a workshop.

Last edited by Grizzly 45; 23-01-2020 at 12:30.
Grizzly 45 is offline  
Thanks from:
23-01-2020, 05:03   #8
meathstevie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly 45 View Post
They SAT on it for seven years in Brussells MS! And in a cynical move that Dermot Aherne himself would have been proud of that Swedish GREEN Socialist Cecila Malestrom,having been told by the EU shooters and gun owners 12 months before to FO right quick with her proposed gun and LEAD ban.Pulled out this POS and started adding to it, not even before the bodies were cold or buried.
Yes it is ilegal to reconvert,and its illegal to traffic arms.But in this case the facts are against us!Deacts have been reacted and were used in Paris,the UK and here in Ireland too.And now we are paying the price for criminal misuse...Again!
I think it’s called agenda driven opportunism. Abusing an act of terror to further an agenda that has very little to do with making life hard on terrorists and other criminals.

If there was any intention of making life hard on terrorists there wouldn’t be any European government jets flying out to repatriate ISIS scum.

Last edited by meathstevie; 23-01-2020 at 05:06.
meathstevie is offline  
Thanks from:
23-01-2020, 11:57   #9
Brontosaurus
Registered User
 
Brontosaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathstevie View Post
I think it’s called agenda driven opportunism. Abusing an act of terror to further an agenda that has very little to do with making life hard on terrorists and other criminals.

If there was any intention of making life hard on terrorists there wouldn’t be any European government jets flying out to repatriate ISIS scum.
A lack of firearms doesn't seem to have stopped trucks, knives and bombs either.
Brontosaurus is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-01-2020, 12:28   #10
Grizzly 45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurus View Post
A lack of firearms doesn't seem to have stopped trucks, knives and bombs either.
Exactly... The Daesh warned their followers on their online monthly Jihad magazines:eek [Very well put together they are too I might add] that using firearms in the future,post Paris attacks might pose a threat to Jihadis trying to aquire them from undercover sting operations put up by the infidels police and Govts,and so to use or think up other means to slaughter infidels...Which they did ,and have done,and will do. WE of course,get it in the neck...For "public saftey" of course.
Grizzly 45 is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet