Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Chokes for clays.

Options
  • 16-03-2019 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

What chokes do you guy normally use for your different types of clay shooting i been using a fixed modified choke semi auto for the past years and thinking is it worth upgrading to a multichoke double barrel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Skeet and quarter is all i have ever shot clays with. Can dust birds out to 40 yards no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Quarter and quarter. Unless its a 60 yard looper/crosser might change. Its all personal preferance

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Quarter and half. It's nice to be able to use the tighter choke for edge on birds that are far out.

That said you won't go far wrong with two skeet chokes on most courses.

The most important thing is that you have confidence in the choke you're using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭rugerfanatic

Half in a s/a for years for all clay shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ace86

I use half and full for dtl but what choke u use is dependent on the discipline your shooting what range ur shooting at plus what cartridges you use and the pattern they give. I find the cartridges you use and the speed of them reflect what your hitting it or missing and they in turn give you confidence in them chopping and changing cartridges for the sake of €€€ will only wreck your head. My opinion is find a cartridge that suites your gun by patterning and shooting clays and stick to it and in turn buy in bulk for your sake if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Started with an Auto and was only ever 1/2. for Clay's....come to think of it everything was 1/2. Then went to an over and under and it was 1/4 and 1/2. Went back to an auto and this time went Light mod and now with the under and over its 1/4 1/4 or cylinder 1/4 for all but the long targets and getting great breaks with 71/2

Advertisement