Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunboyne 10k 31 March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Yeah I have signed up for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Yeah I have signed up for it

It looks good! I never did the 4-mile they used to have. What are the roads like? Undulating?

The 4 miler was fast and went through the village 3 times which was great as there is a great crowd there.

All the best races seem to be in Meath. I am not from there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Yes, I'm in.

Think it's the same loop as the BHAA race in the area, but a bit added at start and finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Just registered, haven't run a 10K in years, I think the last one was Dunsaughlin back in 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Count me in.. Been years since I ran a 10K. Should be a good gallop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Tempting! Don’t fancy the K-Club until they sort the course length out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I'm reluctantly holding off :(

I have a hamstring tendon thing and am not allowed to run this week
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

It's a real shame they changed from 4 miles to a 10km. I'm sure if this new 10k route will be a well organised race if the 4 miler is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Yep. I’m a going PB hunting in this one. It’ll be my first proper attempt at a PB in two years!

The 4 miler really was a cracker of a race, no reason to think this will be any different.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

Murph_D wrote: »

was the kclub course short?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

I'm in for this one myself. Not in PB shape but looking forward to a tester!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

HelenAnne wrote: »
    It looks good! I never did the 4-mile they used to have. What are the roads like? Undulating?

This is a combo of the 4 mile route and the BHAA 5 miler route, it'll be fast, there are a couple of drags but otherwise looks like a great route, raging I can't run 10 feet never mind 10k otherwise I'd be in like a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

Tommy Max wrote: »
    Murph_D wrote: »

was the kclub course short?

Was about 120m short yesterday, give or take

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Went out and recce'd the route at the weekend there and its very flat...a lot flatter than Dunshaughlin....should be a fast PB course

If only i was in PB shape, just getting over Bohermeen half so all training was geared towards that!! Will give it a lash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I don't mean to be complaining about this event and I'm sure it will be well organised, but I think it's a real shame they've changed this to a 10k. It was a classic race and 4 mile is a great distance and there are very few of them, compared to 10k's. You can run a 10k somewhere most weekends, and it's nice to have something slightly different. Was looking forward to it as a 4 mile but will have to skip it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

pconn062 wrote: »
    I don't mean to be complaining about this event and I'm sure it will be well organised, but I think it's a real shame they've changed this to a 10k. It was a classic race and 4 mile is a great distance and there are very few of them, compared to 10k's. You can run a 10k somewhere most weekends, and it's nice to have something slightly different. Was looking forward to it as a 4 mile but will have to skip it now.
    Was talking to one of the organizers a week or so ago and he was saying they changed it to a 10k because there is not enough demand for a 4 miler (BHAA 4 miler is on the day before) while there is a market for the 10k. 
    All clubs are trying to maximize numbers so they have to appeal to the masses, 4 mile is a great distance but unfortunately only appeals to some. Pity really as I agree that it's nice to have a variety of distances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Should be a great flat race with a nice section of downslope in the last km from the club in towards the village.

With Dunboyne AC you always get your moneys worth in the first km ... and the rest is free! (member yes :D )

Kids races too from 11am
    9s and under 600m
    12s and under 800m
    15s and under 1 mile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

pconn062 wrote: »

Just stop after 4 mile no? :)

Sorry.....

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Lovely course today... great pacers and Marshall’s.... great spread in the community centre as well afterwards. Well run event. It’s a PB course for sure.

Muppet man.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

It was a very good race. Good field, fast course, well marshalled, lots of food after.

My pet hate though is cars on the course. Wasn't such an issue for me, but when I was cooling down I could see loads of cars in between the runners. If the roads were closed it would be a brilliant race.

Still very good though, I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

+1 on everything Ray said. At the start of the final mile had cars coming at me from both sides.

Super course though. Enjoyed it even if I left my race in the K club last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Great race and definitely a PB course (pity I wasn't in pb shape :)). I must have been lucky with traffic cos I didn't see a single car for the whole race. 
    Big numbers there but still very comfortable and not crowded so hats off to Dunboyne AC

44 mins for me. Slowest time in 5 years even though I came off a decent half a few weeks ago. No speed in the legs but was never struggling.

Found it pretty windy in parts but prefer the 4 miler course.

Be back next year

Back to 5k races for the next 4-5 months and get the legs moving

Advertisement