Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is what I love about Piers Morgan

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Encouraged

Love to see Piers getting owned especially in this interview.

He is NOT owned in that interview.

Did you see the way Piers pointed out that you cannot screen for irresponsibility? And did you see (in the second half of that debate) how he ends the interview by getting the kid to answer his own ridiculous question? Very clever tactic by Piers.

And why would you love to see someone who's in the wrong (assuming you're of the opinion of restricting guns) win the argument?

A lot of those pro guns guys tend to look a bit gaunt. They make Piers look beautiful. Here's another one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hWs1UBlixA

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

frag420 wrote: »
    This is what I love about Piers Morgan...is what I would say after the news of his death emerges!!

Until then he is a attention seeking twat!

While i do agree with your sentiment on Morgan i really would love to see him interview Trump

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Wasn't it Morgan that hacked a dead persons voicemail, or am I thinking of another lowlife bellend?

Murdered 13 year old schoolgirl Milly Dowler, among others.

Any wanker that hacks a dead young girls phone shouldn't be revered regardless how you think he can handle himself in a debate.

Hacked...back in the day if.your phone number was 0871234567 and you had voice mail set up it was easy to "hack" peoples voicemail. After 087 add a 5 and then the rest of the number. If the person hadn't added a pin number then it went into thier voicemail.

Dunno if it.was Morgan personally who did this.or a journalist working for him

For the record i am in no way defending him, i find him to be an annoying fvckwit and would love to see him disappear from the airwaves.

• Advertisement

What I also like in this show is that Piers sits in the center. Where as Daithi on the afternoon show, is pushed to the side of the couch farthest from the guests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnSnEgtP6DM&t=4s

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Leo Fatkar

Encouraged wrote: »
    From 4:28 on wards in this video, I love how he sticks with his point. I'd have stopped after 5:23, but Piers continues to use this point against the bloated American.

That's what one needs to do in an argument. If you feel your point is right, it's not enough just to take the view "oh I'm sure the audience sees my point". If the other party makes an attempt to dismiss your point, I think it's important keep using that argument against over and over unless they refute. In doing so you make them go around in circles, and thus they make a fool of themselves. And in truth the discussion can not develop until an agreement is made on such a point.

Once again at 5:55, just when I would have said to myself "okay that's enough", Piers continues to use his very own reply against him. This is so crucial to arguments. It's amazing the way people don't listen, or deflect. It's got a lot more to do with calling people out on their bull**** than it is to do with knowing your facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsZa4V9T4lg

Also, at 4:07 you can see the guns campaigner itch his ear as he is most likely lying. Though I'm not too sure of that having looked up a list of Australian massacres.
    Yeah, he's kind of like Vincent Browne with the way he stays on the point and grills the guest, punishing them for waffling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A comment I heard on the radio during the week was there's less point in watching Alan Partridge this time around when you have a real life version at breakfast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Leo Fatkar

Here we see Piers in action again. But unfortunately what's happening with the guest in this debate is a thing that women can get away with so often. And that is, that if they start losing a debate to a man, they'll start laughing at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUGCfj9eXBY

What we see is that she's trying to piss off Piers with that sarcastic smile she does. She does it at 1:43, at 2:22 and again at 2:41. She really lets herself down with it, but she knows she can get away with it.

And then she implements a manipulation tactic at 2:58, where she accuses him of silencing her when he clearly hadn't been. In any healthy debate there has to be a certain amount of interrupting. He only interrupted her anyway to seek clarity on something she said. But she's trying to make him afraid to interrupt her. These aren't things the audience would really notice. But I think this manipulation tactic of her's might have worked... because watch at 3:58 and see how he doesn't interrupt the other host where he usually would. What I would have done there is I would have interrupted and said "no no, I wasn't holding her accountable, I was simply asking her if she condemned it".

Piers actually goes on to point out that he agrees with her on many issues, but she throws it right back in his face. Towards the end we see that after the other host backed her up, she (the guest) rubs it in his with another laugh at 4:04. Just watch it - it's almost as if she's laughing because she knows her silencing tactic worked. So I think she was possibly the one silencing him. But if he pointed out how she was doing this, he'd look paranoid. So I admire Piers for standing up to her. So many hosts wouldn't.

She did trip up though at 3:50 where she say "you can say hateful things, but...". If I were in Piers' place I would have sarcastically said "oh so it's okay to say hateful thing as long as you don't act them out"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Gffg

I know some of you mightn't like Piers Morgan, but you have to respect him for keeping his cool with this woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vvW5nq2oDg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Blazer wrote: »
    My missus loves watching GMB in the morning with Piers and Suzanne.
    There's nothing I like better than being woken up early by the kids and coming downstairs to listen to Piers having a rant.
    I sit on the couch daydreaming about smashing Morgan's face in and occasionally switching to fantasizing about Suzanne but mostly its about smashing Piers Morgan's face in.

Nah Suzanne knows what she's doing she pretends she hates it, with the eye rolls and the "this guy" act on twitter but she enables Piers to be an absolute gowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Gffg wrote: »
    I know some of you mightn't like Piers Morgan, but you have to respect him for keeping his cool with this woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vvW5nq2oDg

The only way I would ever respect Piers Morgan is if he interrupted his programme to list and apologise for every single one of his indiscretions as a tabloid journalist before pulling a gun out and shooting himself. Or maybe he could perform harakiri since he is an anti gun advocate.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    The only way I would ever respect Piers Morgan is if he interrupted his programme to list and apologise for every single one of his indiscretions as a tabloid journalist before pulling a gun out and shooting himself. Or maybe he could perform harakiri since he is an anti gun advocate.
    I think he's an easy target for people to hate. People wouldn't be as quick to hate, say Roy Keane, for his indiscretions. I think it's become popular, for some reason, to hate Piers Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Hacked...back in the day if.your phone number was 0871234567 and you had voice mail set up it was easy to "hack" peoples voicemail. After 087 add a 5 and then the rest of the number. If the person hadn't added a pin number then it went into thier voicemail.

Dunno if it.was Morgan personally who did this.or a journalist working for him

For the record i am in no way defending him, i find him to be an annoying fvckwit and would love to see him disappear from the airwaves.

He was Editor, he knew what was going on.
    He was also front running his stock picks in his weekly column too.

Love to see Piers getting owned especially in this interview.

Even if it means that the guy who won the argument was in the wrong? and as a result more guns will be sold around America.

I think he's an easy target for people to hate. People wouldn't be as quick to hate, say Roy Keane, for his indiscretions. I think it's become popular, for some reason, to hate Piers Morgan.
    Roy Keane is far less worthy of being hated or disliked than Piers Morgan. Keane was a bit of a thug on the football pitch but he never hacked anyone's phones, rifled through people's rubbish for gossip or sent journalists around to someone's house to intimidate them. Piers Morgan is a scum of the highest order.

Roy Keane is far less worthy of being hated or disliked than Piers Morgan. Keane was a bit of a thug on the football pitch but he never hacked anyone's phones, rifled through people's rubbish for gossip or sent journalists around to someone's house to intimidate them.[/n] Piers Morgan is a scum of the highest order.

Nah he just almost crippled another professional player ending his career.

There's a special place in hell for Morgan and Keane if it does exsist.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Morgan worships at the temple of his own narcissism.

I like that one.
    Permission please to use it myself, without having to cite your good self.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

Which player was that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,369 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

elefant wrote: »
    Which player was that?

Alf-Inge Haaland. In his book he admits to doing it deliberately and with forethought.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

Alf-Inge Haaland. In his book he admits to doing it deliberately and with forethought.

He started two games in the week following that tackle.

Awful 'tackle', should've been prosecuted, didn't end his career.

There's a special place in hell for Morgan and Keane if it does exsist.

I presume you mean the Haaland incident, whose career wasn’t ended by Keane. It’s no wonder you’re here defending Morgan since you’re clearly not averse to spreading half-truths and falsehoods yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

t.

No he didnt. Haland retired because of the other knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Piers is a twat - but he does make a lot of sense on certain issues like gun control for example.

Jameela Jamil (swoooon;)) called him a giant pile of **** on twitter the other day, which describes him quite nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

I would pay good money to watch piers Morgan and Jeremy Kyle fight to the death .
    The only fight that I would want to see both suffer the same pain !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Didn’t Eamon Dunphy admit that the words in the book concerning that incident were his?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I presume you mean the Haaland incident, whose career wasn’t ended by Keane. It’s no wonder you’re here defending Morgan since you’re clearly not averse to spreading half-truths and falsehoods yourself.
    But regardless of that, Keane had no reason to have it in for Haaland. What was it that happened originally?

To me it seemed that Keane dived and Haaland shouted at him while he was on the ground in annoyance. What's the big deal there? Unless he said something particularly insulting. But I could be wrong.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

But regardless of that, Keane had no reason to have it in for Haaland. What was it that happened originally?

To me it seemed that Keane dived and Haaland shouted at him while he was on the ground in annoyance. What's the big deal there? Unless he said something particularly insulting. But I could be wrong.

Keane didn't dive. He did his cruciate ligament trying to tackle him and was out of action for 14 months. Haaland accused Keane of feigning injury to get out of trouble and didn't apologise afterwards when the facts were known.

Keane didn't end Haaland's career either. It was the other knee that did Haaland in, not the one Keane injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Faugheen wrote: »
    Keane didn't dive. He did his cruciate ligament trying to tackle him and was out of action for 14 months. Haaland accused Keane of feigning injury to get out of trouble and didn't apologise afterwards when the facts were known.

Keane didn't end Haaland's career either. It was the other knee that did Haaland in, not the one Keane injured.

And in any case, equating that to hacking dead schoolchildrens phones is a bit out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

He had some tweet recently where he announced how boring he found Game of Thrones. It was just after the new series started. That confirmed to me what a needy attention-seeker he is. He just looks at what is the most talked about water-cooler topic at any given time and says something contrary about it. So transparent. Oh, you don’t like GoT, Piers? Edgy! Lots of people don’t watch it, myself included. Nobody cares.

Advertisement