Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National 10K 2019

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

patob wrote: »
    Anyone know what kind of number of participants are expected on Sunday. I have not participated in this in a few years. Still big numbers?

3,900 registered according to https://www.myrunresults.com/events/great_ireland_run_2019/3012/results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭ooter

Jaysus it was Baltic up there today.
    Haven't ran this event in a few years, was very surprised to see how far the numbers have dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fraggle07

It's my third year running this. I really enjoyed today and the change in route.

Twas tough at the start - so bitterly cold. Knocked a minute and a half off my PB so was thrilled with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

First of all how cold was it with that wind before the start. Think it took me to bout 3km to warm up

Change of route was good, and the 1 climb wasn't to bad

Set out looking to run 51-52 minutes, but did 50.02, and got a pb by 25 seconds so delighted with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭ooter

It's a funny old game this running lark, entered this ages ago and hadn't done a tap in almost 8 weeks, cycled up to the start area and walked up to the start line, not a sniff of a warm up.
    I was thinking sub 50 would be a decent time for trotting around and ended up knocking out a 44 min 10k.
    Answers on a postcard please. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Irishder

My god it was freezing. Very well run, i stayed with the 60 min pacer for the majority of the run and he was great. Loads of encouragement and tips. Is there somewhere to view the finish line videos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Irishder wrote: »
    My god it was freezing. Very well run, i stayed with the 60 min pacer for the majority of the run and he was great. Loads of encouragement and tips. Is there somewhere to view the finish line videos?

yes, on myrunresults
    eg
    https://www.myrunresults.com/events/great_ireland_run_2019/3012/results/bib5031

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

RayCun wrote: »

Wow, how unflattering. I'm like a duck waddling to the line.

aquinn wrote: »
    Wow, how unflattering. I'm like a duck waddling to the line.

I know, it's like the first time hearing your recorded voice, "I don't sound like that! :eek:"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 highlandcow

Christ that was cold. Enjoyed the run. 1 minute PB of 36.17. Pretty chuffed with that given the challenging course and conditions. Got out of there quick as the kids were absolutely frozen.

1 gripe...I really wish they would arrange the start better. I was not running for a club. When I went to the front of the green coral it's a bit **** to see many slower runners ahead of you. I actually skipped under and ran with club runners. Apart from that it was great.

1 gripe...I really wish they would arrange the start better. I was not running for a club. When I went to the front of the green coral it's a bit **** to see many slower runners ahead of you.

It's the national championship, and championship places are decided on gun time not chip time. So all of the club runners have to be up the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭blackwhite

RayCun wrote: »
    It's the national championship, and championship places are decided on gun time not chip time. So all of the club runners have to be up the front.

I think the gripe is more to do with the pens behind the club runners.

I was in the 55-65 pen, and ended up coming up behind walkers 4 times on Chesterfield Ave.

Some races colour code the bibs based on the expected time input at entry - certainly helps in putting people into the correct starting positions (obviously doesn't help eliminate those who put the wrong expected time into the form though)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

I was in the 46-55 pen and I was passing walkers up to 2km in to the race.

I know there's nothing the organisers do about it, it's down to the people taking part. Unfortunately it happens in a lot of 10km races

Advertisement