Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircode puzzle

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

mrpdap wrote: »
    I Call An Post, long story short; they don’t use eircode.
    Unbelievably
    They use it at the sorting stage where they have automated address scanners and computers and things but the local postman just uses the address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Robbie G wrote: »
    I use it daily with Google maps in my line of work.

Only think I find annoying is you can input an Eircode to Google maps and it finds you the house, but if you need to find an Eircode when your at a house you cannot pull it off Google maps. You need to open the Eircode website and use your location in the browser to get the code.

It it just me or am doing something wrong in Google maps.

By design, you're meant to pay them a huge fee per anum. Eircode rather than being a public service was made to be a revenue generating quango.

Advertisement