Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Parking for pick up

Options
  • 11-10-2017 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am picking my Mother up from Dublin Airport, where is a good place to park for this?  Don't want to be ripped off.  Appreciate if anyone has any tips. Thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

McDonald’s / topaz would be the best free option.

Keep an eye on flight radar / DAA arrivals website to know when the plane touches down. Add in about 20 mins for her to get to the arrivals.

If you want to meet her in the terminal you have no option but to pay for parking at the short term.

Free option would be to get her to exit the terminal building via the departures entrance and go the departures drop off area and call you, you can then swing by and collect her (t1 will mean her going upstairs to check in area and exit, t2 will mean her going downstairs to the check in area an exiting via here). If she exits the terminal building via arrivals section it’s hard to sync up as there is no collection area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Hi,
    I am picking my Mother up from Dublin Airport, where is a good place to park for this?  Don't want to be ripped off.  Appreciate if anyone has any tips. Thanks

Kielys or Coachman's Inn car park

get her to let you know when in arrivals and pick up from Departure drop off on 1st floor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭Allinall

It's €3 for an hour in the short term car park.

Good value in my opinion.

You've a covered walkway to the terminal and no messing around trying to arrange meeting points and dodging security.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

If she can just meet you outside you can loiter in the set down area at departures and have her meet you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Departures. Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭markpb

If she can just meet you outside you can loiter in the set down area at departures and have her meet you there.

You can try at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

McDonald’s / topaz would be the best free option.

Keep an eye on flight radar / DAA arrivals website to know when the plane touches down. Add in about 20 mins for her to get to the arrivals.

If you want to meet her in the terminal you have no option but to pay for parking at the short term.

Free option would be to get her to exit the terminal building via the departures entrance and go the departures drop off area and call you, you can then swing by and collect her (t1 will mean her going upstairs to check in area and exit, t2 will mean her going downstairs to the check in area an exiting via here). If she exits the terminal building via arrivals section it’s hard to sync up as there is no collection area.
    that's what I do, sit in McDonalds car park and get herself to phone me when she's coming out of the terminal, took her a while to understand she needed to switch to departures and exit from there, then a quick pull in in the drop off zone and you're away.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just use the short term, it’s only three euros and you can go into the terminal and get brownee points by helping her with her bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

ted1 wrote: »
    Just use the short term, it’s only three euros and you can go into the terminal and get brownee points by helping her with her bags.

you can nearly get a Big Mac for €3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Allinall wrote: »
    It's €3 for an hour in the short term car park.

Good value in my opinion.

You've a covered walkway to the terminal and no messing around trying to arrange meeting points and dodging security.

Or part of an hour,if you are parked there for one hour and one minute you pay €6,total rip off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

ted1 wrote: »
    Did this in the end. Very simple - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Corca Baiscinn

Did this in the end. Very simple - thanks.

I'm glad you did because if you were my son I'd be unimpressed with anything less! Good on you for putting her convenience before a few euro!

Advertisement