Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather software

Options
  • 15-06-2004 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone uses and recommends and freely available weather mapping software. Looking at Digital Atmosphere at the moment. It's a little bit clunky but it does the job. Wondering if there's anything else out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Hmmm. I don't actually know. Freely available stuff is not something I know too much about.

I shall endevour to find out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/11681

Product Description:
    Digital Atmosphere is powerful weather forecasting software that allows you to create detailed maps of real-time weather for anywhere in the world. It makes extensive use of techniques and algorithms that are comparable and in some cases superior to the National Weather Service's multimillion-dollar Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System. It� does not require any type of subscription or recurring costs, using free data from the Internet.

Product Requirements:

* PPC
    * Mac OS 8.6 or higher (OS X version coming soon)
    * 50 MB disk space
    * 16 MB available RAM

Advertisement