Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weather Stations

• 18-05-2004 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of other sites in Ireland like this one?

http://www.wicklowweather.com

Don't think I've seen anything like it before - it's great !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

LOL:D

Well thankyou for compliment

In the (much needed to be updated) links section, I have links to a few other online stations. Apart from the Armagh one, the others are more token efforts, but at least they are on the web. I'm not aware of any others.

Doing this from home, without broadband (won't be available to me for years) is not cheap, and having only one phoneline does create a little conflict. I've recently increased the update interval from 10 to 15 mins, but may well have to increase it 30mins. All in the name of compromise:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by Mothman

In the (much needed to be updated) links section, I have links to a few other online stations. Apart from the Armagh one, the others are more token efforts, but at least they are on the web. I'm not aware of any others.

Doing this from home, without broadband (won't be available to me for years) is not cheap, and having only one phoneline does create a little conflict. I've recently increased the update interval from 10 to 15 mins, but may well have to increase it 30mins. All in the name of compromise:)

is that really yours? Pretty cool. the banner ad is just about fast enough to give you a epilleptic fit but still, excellent!

Originally posted by mike65
    http://www.wunderground.com/global/IE.html

Mike.

Thanks Mike,
    These are the Met Eireann synoptic stations. It gives you more info than the recent reports page on Met Eireann site, though not updated as often.
    I also update every 30 mins to Wunderground, its listed when you look at Casement page. (at the bottom)

For direct link to graphs and data for my weatherstation on Wunderground
    http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=ICO.WICK2

Originally posted by Sleipnir
    is that really yours? Pretty cool. the banner ad is just about fast enough to give you a epilleptic fit but still, excellent!

Yes sometimes it goes at 100 mph. I think that may happen if you happen to view page at same time as its been updated. It slows down if you place curser over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Originally posted by Mothman

It's a pity about the BB alright. Does anyone fund the whole thing for you i.e. equipment etc etc

Met éireann do hand out recoding gear for rain recorders across the land.
    Not so sure what they do for other statistics.

I have broadband, and intend to build a proper weatherstation at some point... so presumably i could configure something that would auto update?
    I think mothman uses manual equipment?
    That would be very time consuming...
    Theres some very automatic equipment at Ballymoyle Hill just north of Arklow...
    I haven't gone up to look at it as I'd be all day talking to to the owner who i know.

I have automatic weather station (AWS) which is is auto updating the website now every 15 minutes.
    I am also an observer for Met Eireann (rain & temp & sunshine) and take daily readings at 0900gmt using manual equipment that they installed. I do upload these figures as well and have them as part of my 'Daily Dairy'
    http://www.iol.ie/~wicklowweather/Weatherdiary.htm

So I suppose these are the official figures though they get quality checked after I submit them, which I do at the end of the month.. The AWS has been a little high on the max temp in recent days. It may need a clean.

Recording (rather than forecasting) is something that I have interest in, and I bought my AWS in 1999 and upgraded last year. I got round to getting online last December and spent a good bit of time around new year getting site together around the New Year. I'm quite proud of how well I did as I 'd no knowledge of this sort of thing, but I just started with a supplied template(with the AWS software) and 'Frontpage Express' which is probably on most home PCs

Paid for it all myself though put it through the business (farming) as an expense a I use it a lot as a management aid.

Advertisement