Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[INTEREST CHECK] South East Meet (Co Kilkenny)

Options
  • 15-04-2008 10:53am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I've been toying with this idea for awhile of a meet in Kilkenny, I've mentioned it to Al and Ken so I thought I'd post here and see who's interested.

Basically aiming for a Co Kilkenny meet, locations include -
    - Kells Priory (this is what it looks like), its a massive walled abbey
    - Old mill which has been recently restored (across the river from Kells Priory)
    - Old Round tower (up the road from Kells)...might be a little small and dark
    - Visit to Kilkenny City, places of interest include Kilkenny Castle & St. Canice's Cathedral (includes much nicer round tower), might also be a nice place for street photography for anyone interested

Kell's is approx 15min from Kilkenny City or 40min from Waterford City, there's plenty of B&B's and Days Hotel in both Waterford and Kilkenny so accommodation shouldn't be an issue for anyone also there's a bus and train service to both Waterford & Kilkenny from Dublin.

Maybe hoping for late May early June, possible dates include:
    31st May
    7th June
    14th June
    (there all Saturdays)

So who's interested?

Interested? 14 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    92% 13 votes
    Maybe
    7% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You should have made it a poll - yes, no, maybe.

I'd be interested, depending on when.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

pole added, it was fun adding it with all these database errors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Cabaal wrote: »
    pole added, it was fun adding it with all these database errors :)

So it's not just my machine!

Are you talking a single day or weekend job?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Single day, a saturday most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

yeap I'd be interested in such an event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Yes provided I am not otherwise kiboshed with something on the day in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Its in my neck of the woods so if I'm available on the date chosen I'll try to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Absolutely interested :)
    It'd be my first boards photo meet and I'm in kilkenny which is convenient!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Provisionally yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭12bore

I live about 5 minutes from Kells! Nice place.
    Definitely interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭phog

Yes, if the date suits. It'll be my first boards meet up. :) I had hoped the Clare Glens would work out but the interest seemed to have dropped.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

i'd be up for this, hopefully i'd be free some of those saturdays!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I would have been up for it, but I'm planning to be on my holidays at the end of May (first holidays in years).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Anymore on this Barry. I need to start planing stuff for around the dates you suggested

I've had some very important stuff pop-up lately which has to be dealt with and sorted asap and I'm not to sure how long it will be tilll things return to norm and I have freetime at the weekends, looks like it might need to be pushed more towards July now because of this :(

Advertisement