Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Docter scope

Options
  • 12-03-2019 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Lads anyone have any experience with doctor scopes mine has just had particles of dirt inside the scope and place where I purchased the scope has since closed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Fx Royale wrote: »
    Lads anyone have any experience with doctor scopes mine has just had particles of dirt inside the scope and place where I purchased the scope has since closed

Had a old one on my cz no probs with it. John conroy outside portlaoise is a dealer for them maybe he could help get it serviced or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Fx Royale

Had a old one on my cz no probs with it. John conroy outside portlaoise is a dealer for them maybe he could help get it serviced or something.

Thanks for that love the scope it’s so clear I’ll give John a call

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭German pointer

I sent mine back myself for a reticle change a few years ago without issue. They charged me for the change but serviced it for free when the had it. Cracking scope.
    The email they told me to use was service@harald-ros.de

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Doctor are the old East German Zeiss right?

Doctor are the old East German Zeiss right?

Doctor is the old Zeiss Jenna, but so much better. When the Berlin wall came down you had 2 Zeiss companies and the one from the East side changed its name to Doctor

• Advertisement

is it not docter? named after some german engineer or something

is it not docter? named after some german engineer or something

It is Docter but autocorrect kicked in

It is Docter but autocorrect kicked in

No no sorry just wondering was it named after someone or just like a german spelling for doctor

No no sorry just wondering was it named after someone or just like a german spelling for doctor

Not a clue how they got the name

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

A year after the German reunification, the Eisfeld plant of the Jenoptik Carl Zeiss Jena GmbH, which employed 550 staff, was taken over by Bernhard Docter, who lent his name to the company and products. The company now traded under the name Docter-Optic-Eisfeld GmbH and continued with the production of binoculars, riflescopes, spotting scopes, magnifying glasses and opto-electronic measurement equipment. The company Docter-Optic in Wetzlar declared bankruptcy for the whole business on 15 November 1995.

On 1 May 1997 a part of the business with 40 staff was continued by Analytik Jena GmbH, to which traditionally good relations existed. Already the first year after the takeover was completed with very good turnover and results. By 2006 Docter Optics employed 100 staff.

On 1 May 2016 Docter Optics was acquired by Noblex GmbH, a subsidiary of the Frankfurt holding company VF Capital GmbH. At IWA Show in 2018 the process of re-branding started and most of the products received Noblex brand name. Most of the older model lines were discontinued in 2018 and new products lines were renamed in accordance with the Noblex brand nomenclature.

BTW, the German spelling of Doctor is DoKtor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement